The George Floyd/Black Lives Matter protests and police conduct

2 minutes ago, commando said:

the city shouldn't have to cover that.  it should come out of his pay.   not sure if that is the way the law works.... but i believe that would be the proper way to handle it.   

Super. Retroactively. 

But, the City should pay it for the short term, so this lady isn't hindered by what their d*p$h*t employee did. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Super. Retroactively. 

But, the City should pay it for the short term, so this lady isn't hindered by what their d*p$h*t employee did. 

Not only should he pay. 

But isn't it a crime to use stolen plates?  The theft amounts to more than $1000, isn't that larceny?

nevermind: Colorado looks like it isn't a felony until it hits $2000.

19 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

@RedDenver linked tweet unrolled here. Interesting. 

There is a case in CA where a company promoted untraceable safety deposit boxes to its clients.  

The FBI investigated the company and eventually got a warrant to search the company/pseudo bank but the warrant explicitly said they couldn’t open up the safety deposit boxes.  

Well the FBI went ahead and opened the boxes and seized the contents until the owners of the safety deposit boxes could prove what was in there wasn’t gotten through illegal gains!!   

People have been going through expensive legal procedures to get their rightful property back that was seized through illegal means.  Complete and utter horse s#!t in my view.  

• Plus1 4
8 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I have a big problem with the civil forfeiture issue too.  Many times people are proven non guilty or not even charged in the end and have one hell of time getting their property or money back if they ever do.  

3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

There is a case in CA where a company promoted untraceable safety deposit boxes to its clients.  

The FBI investigated the company and eventually got a warrant to search the company/pseudo bank but the warrant explicitly said they couldn’t open up the safety deposit boxes.  

Well the FBI went ahead and opened the boxes and seized the contents until the owners of the safety deposit boxes could prove what was in there wasn’t gotten through illegal gains!!   

People have been going through expensive legal procedures to get their rightful property back that was seized through illegal means.  Complete and utter horse s#!t in my view.  

Seems like something that 90+% of citizens would be in favor of getting rid of, but politicians won't do it because the police will back their opponent.

• Plus1 1

54 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I have a big problem with the civil forfeiture issue too.  Many times people are proven non guilty or not even charged in the end and have one hell of time getting their property or money back if they ever do.  

49 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

So do I.  This is BS.

This is a prime example of how you can support police and law enforcement and also support changing how they do their jobs and what they can legally do.

• Plus1 2
23 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So do I.  This is BS.

This is a prime example of how you can support police and law enforcement and also support changing how they do their jobs and what they can legally do.

Here is a link to the story I was remembering. Looks like there was some movement in June/July since I first heard about it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-07-26/judge-rules-against-fbi-beverly-hills-raid%3f_amp=true

• Plus1 1