Police Reform

5 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

Yet again, someone makes this personal stating I hate cops in spite of numerous posts stating the contrary.

I'll say this one more time for you specifically since I can't expect you to read the entire thread.  I. Do. Not. Hate. Police.  I'll thank you to stop personally attacking me with this label or you will be reported...it brings nothing to the discussion and is simply an insult.  It's not cute to claim someone is something they are not.

I am not appreciative of people without integrity and right now, bad cops fit that bill like a glove. 

You didn't read the story did you?

https://nypost.com/2020/06/22/how-nypd-faked-shake-shack-controversy-and-conspiracy-theory/

So the shakes didn't taste like chemicals and no one ever said they did...they tasted 'sour'.

There was no hospitalization, no symptoms, no cleaning solution.  The entire story was completely made up by one

Sergeant in the Police department and it took off from there.  It was an outright lie...they didn't even drink the shakes!

But since their shakes did taste off, that means their "lie was based on fact" right?   So that means it's less of a lie since the shakes tasted off?

What logic are you following to arrive at that conclusion?

"And CBS News reported that the incident was accidental and “possibly the result of cleaning solution that wasn’t properly removed from the shake machine.”

And I am not sure why you are so bent out of shape. You saying you don't hate cops is the same as many others saying g they are not racist...or they are not bad cops. And you certainly have taken them at their word, haven't you Red.

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

How does any of that explain why the police lied?

I said they lied. It should not have been used to try and gain sympathy for NYPD when it was a lie. The union reps, or whoever, decided to blow it up as an active attack against NYPD should be held accountable. 

My only point was, that at the start, there was a taste of bleach/cleaning solution in their drinks. It was accidently there, but it was there nonetheless. The 3 cops did not start out their day by deciding they were going to ruin Shake Shack with BS claims of poisoning....

But it sure turned into a sh*tshow, and ultimately added another brick for the anti-police crowd to throw back at law enforcement. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I said they lied. It should not have been used to try and gain sympathy for NYPD when it was a lie. The union reps, or whoever, decided to blow it up as an active attack against NYPD should be held accountable. 

My only point was, that at the start, there was a taste of bleach/cleaning solution in their drinks. It was accidently there, but it was there nonetheless. The 3 cops did not start out their day by deciding they were going to ruin Shake Shack with BS claims of poisoning....

But it sure turned into a sh*tshow, and ultimately added another brick for the anti-police crowd to throw back at law enforcement. 

We agree then.

• Plus1 1

https://nypost.com/2020/06/25/man-shot-inside-seattles-chop-claims-he-was-victim-of-hate-crime/

OH MY GOD

Young says he is angry at the lack of help from cops — even though he concedes keeping them away was central to the protest.

“I understand everybody’s going to say, ‘Oh, it was the CHAZ zone and y’all asked for the police not to be there, so don’t act like y’all need them now,” he said.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

This is true but...

who cares? Why is it a 'point' you made?

9 minutes ago, Landlord said:

This is true but...

Because there was some speculation that there may have not been anything wrong with the drink even.  That would put the guilt on the officers.  It seems they didn't really have anything to do with the promotion that the cops were poisoned.  That came from police management and the union.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Because there was some speculation that there may have not been anything wrong with the drink even.  That would put the guilt on the officers.

I must be missing something about the point being made still because the guilt is still put on the officers the exact same amount.

8 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I must be missing something about the point being made still because the guilt is still put on the officers the exact same amount.

No it isn't.

In one scenario they completely made this whole thing up for the attention.

In the other they thought something had been put in their drinks and then it was discovered later to have not been done on purpose. Kind of like the Nascar driver who found the "noose" in his garage.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
3 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

No it isn't.

In the other they thought something had been put in their drinks and then it was discovered later to have not been done on purpose. Kind of like the Nascar driver who found the "noose" in his garage.

In the other, they had bad but non-harmful milkshakes that got dumped and replaced, and then they completely made this whole thing up for the attention.

y'all are ignoring the key factor here that the officers didn't get sick but the NYPD said that they were poisoned and got sick.

30 minutes ago, Landlord said:

This is true but...

You are right, who cares? I now have all the information that was not available when I initially made the assertion. It is/should be a stain on the NYPD officers involved, and makes the entire NYPD look culpable, which sucks for everyone.