Police Reform

21 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Who is red?

Understand please, I'm not bent out of shape.  I asked you to not label me as something and I did so with tact aplomb

All my actions taken in my life show how I support the police.  I was a registered Republican up until the past few years and  I donate to the Fraternal Order of Police every year because  I have 2 of my closest friends from college who are cops, 1 federal and one state.  As a veteran, I know the type of job police are asked to do every day and I respect it and them.

The thing is, I am saying things that people in this thread do not want to hear and do not like.  They don't agree with my definition of integrity that was instilled in my by the USAF...but it's the only definition that matters to me.  Do the right thing, even when no one is looking...and especially when others are looking.  To me, that's not happening.  My comments here reflect my dissatisfaction with how policing is done today.

It's ok to agree to disagree with someone.

It's not ok to label someone something they're not because you disagree with them so that you and others can attack that label.

sorry Blitz, I must have read something else from RedDenver right before the post. I was addressing your earlier comment(s).

Thanks for your service.

I am pretty sure that the "doing the right thing, even when no one is looking" is instilled in law enforcement officers as well. 

I agree it is okay, and even encouraged, to have differing points of view. I also agree one should not label entire groups of people with the same uneven brush strokes...but I see you doing it with cops. I don't agree, and will continue to disagree, with your assertion that there are no good cops.

No matter how many videos you or Mr Doucette produce, it is, IMO, still a small fraction representation of the literally 100's of thousands of "good cops" that do the right thing, every day, even when no one is looking. 

• Fire 1

On 6/24/2020 at 1:49 PM, RedDenver said:

Dems are proposing their own bill, which I'm sure the Repubs will block. Our system is so broken.

You called it...

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/504644-gridlock-mires-chances-of-police-reform-deal

Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), one of the key proponents of the Democratic proposal in the Senate, said she had not talked with any Republicans on Thursday about the bill. Bass added that she had not been part of talks with Scott or other Senate Republicans. And Graham has all but closed the door to Democrats’ suggestion of bringing a bill up in the Judiciary Committee.

• Plus1 1

I don't know what the Republican bill is but i saw a clip of Trump talking about it the other day. It was one of the first times I've seen him say mostly true stuff but he was talking about it like it was bad. He was saying things like:

The Democrats want to weaken the police - um, ya

The Democrats want to weaken qualified immunity - yep

Ok, I don't remember the rest but he rattled off like 5 things the Democrats wanted, talking like they were bad, and most were literally the goal of what legislation on this topic is supposed to do.

20 hours ago, Landlord said:

In one scenario they completely made this whole thing up for the attention.

In the other, they had bad but non-harmful milkshakes that got dumped and replaced, and then they completely made this whole thing up for the attention.

y'all are ignoring the key factor here that the officers didn't get sick but the NYPD said that they were poisoned and got sick.

This is wronger than your "the new science teacher makes way more than the old lady teacher" post.

The cops didn't make up that the drinks/shakes tasted funny.  

First rule of holes...when you are in one...stop digging.

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Define:  Sick

You're really reaching on this one. You tell me:

https://nypost.com/2020/06/22/how-nypd-faked-shake-shack-controversy-and-conspiracy-theory/

The three cops at the center of the NYPD milkshake “poisoning” scandal never even got sick, and there wasn’t the slightest whiff of criminality from the get-go — but that didn’t stop gung-ho brass from rolling out the crime scene tape and unions from dishing out empty conspiracy theories, The Post has learned.

Soon after sipping the shakes, however, the cops realized they didn’t taste or smell right, so they threw the drinks in the trash and alerted a manager, who apologized and issued them vouchers for free food or drink, which they accepted, according to sources.

But when the cops told their sergeant about the incident, the supervisor called in the Emergency Service Unit to set up a crime scene at the fast-food joint for an evidence search around 9:20 p.m. — nearly two hours after they first got the sour shakes.

The three were rushed to Bellevue Hospital, where they were examined and released without ever showing symptoms, sources said.

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

So, asymptomatic :)

No symptoms of poisoning but VERY symptomatic of lying:

Meanwhile, a lieutenant from the Bronx blasted out an email to the unions that six cops “started throwing up after drinking beverages they got from shake shack on 200 Broadway.”

It was unclear why the sergeant and lieutenant escalated the situation.

Detectives easily closed the case after interviewing five employees and reviewing surveillance footage showing the shakes were made normally, sources said.

The machine was cleaned before the officers ordered, according to sources, and it still contained residual milkstone remover — a typically acidic solution used to combat buildup in dairy equipment.

But by 10:45 p.m., the Detectives Endowment Association was declaring that Finest had become “ill” after being “intentionally poisoned by one or more workers at the Shake Shack” — as Police Benevolent Association president Pat Lynch made a show of visiting Bellevue while his union declared at 10:47 p.m. that police officers came “under attack” from a “toxic substance, believed to be bleach.”