Police Reform

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

""Ask any FDIC investigator & they'll tell you. Bank employees lie every day. Not just sometimes. Not just some bank employees. All bank employees. Routinely. Not only are there no consequences, lying is incentivized. The more accounts they generate, the more promotions. Lying is winning.""

image.png.cfc1934add0ebee3ed0c25149378eb9e.png

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/21/business/wells-fargo-settlement.html

Do folks not see how ridiculous it is to speak in absolutes? 

• Thanks 1
On 6/30/2020 at 2:44 PM, knapplc said:

People asking for the police to be defunded and replaced with a more community-based policing policy are supporting the police. Just in a different way.

As with any idea or movement, there are people who go to the extreme without thinking it through.  There are people at these protests that don't want any more police anywhere. 

The more reasonable people, still want police because they know to a certain extent, they are needed.  But, they want less money spent on guns and forms of violent confrontation and more on social work and non-violent interaction with people in situations.

I'm all for doing what it takes to greatly decrease the police violence in some of these departments.

Also, for the most part, the problem issues are not in small town America and the departments here that most of us Husker fans are used to.  But, those departments are very different than what you will find in Chicago, NYC, LA., Atlanta...etc.

I'll have to admit that this makes me nervous.  I read a headline somewhere a week or two ago that claimed there had been a crime spike in cities that had said they were defunding/rebuilding their police departments.

The sad issue is that there is a certain segment of the population that is frothing at the mouth with the prospects of less police and diminished crime fighting capabilities.

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

""Ask any FDIC investigator & they'll tell you. Bank employees lie every day. Not just sometimes. Not just some bank employees. All bank employees. Routinely. Not only are there no consequences, lying is incentivized. The more accounts they generate, the more promotions. Lying is winning.""

image.png.cfc1934add0ebee3ed0c25149378eb9e.png

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/21/business/wells-fargo-settlement.html

Do folks not see how ridiculous it is to speak in absolutes? 

Read the thread of the tweet I linked. The one that she was responding to indeed undermines it's own argument by absolutes.

• Plus1 1