Police Reform

Just now, Archy1221 said:

He’s not and it’s a real life example.  Keep trying not to see it as others here would say. 

Using your same logic about not pausing the J&J vaccine, officers should not approach every traffic stop like they may be killed because the odds of it are even lower than the odds of complications of the vaccine.

You're arguing against yourself here.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Using your same logic about not pausing the J&J vaccine, officers should not approach every traffic stop like they may be killed because the odds of it are even lower than the odds of complications of the vaccine.

Even when trying  to compare apples and oranges you are still wrong.  That’s hard to do:dunno

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Walsh is gaslighting you. What an absolutely terrible example for this discussion.

Wife of slain police officer taking legal action

"Why was Officer Jarrott asked to pull over someone who federal agents knew had semi-automatic weapons with no backup?" asked Sam Bregman, the attorney for Jarrott's widow and family. "Homeland Security agents showed up within 30 seconds after this horrific shooting wearing tactical gear. They knew exactly the person they were dealing with. Officer Jarrott didn't and they never told him," Bregman said.

Very sad situation.  I would be interested in knowing what Jarrott was told to do.  Was he told he needs to stop him and approach the vehicle by himself?  Or, was he notified of the dangers and he went by himself anyway.

3 hours ago, knapplc said:

I'm sorry, but "Brian" is a moron and just posting inflammatory things to keep the hate going. :lameI'd argue that situation has more to do with cops being afraid to do their jobs and use force when it's necessary than it does about race. But that doesn't fit the hate topic. Personally I probably would've shot that guy, but I also wouldn't have jumped on the side of a truck with a crazy bastard behind the wheel! Nevermind it's in Minnesota where I'm guessing most cops are apprehensive to even go to calls for service at this point let alone be proactive and I can't blame them. :dunno

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

I'm sorry, but "Brian" is a moron and just posting inflammatory things to keep the hate going. :lameI'd argue that situation has more to do with cops being afraid to do their jobs and use force when it's necessary than it does about race. But that doesn't fit the hate topic. Personally I probably would've shot that guy, but I also wouldn't have jumped on the side of a truck with a crazy bastard behind the wheel! Nevermind it's in Minnesota where I'm guessing most cops are apprehensive to even go to calls for service at this point let alone be proactive and I can't blame them. :dunno

Yeah, I don't agree with making blanket statements about police encounters when people are white vs black. Every situation is nuanced and some cops are better, smarter, more in tune than others. Just as some citizens due stupid, unpredictable things while others are calm and respectful.

I think the public is looking for consistency from consistently inconsistent humans.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
17 hours ago, knapplc said:

Yet cops are far more likely to be killed at a traffic stop than unarmed black people who don't try to fight cops, assault cops, or resist arrest (statistically zero percent) to be killed by a cop. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, ZRod said:

Yeah, I don't agree with making blanket statements about police encounters when people are white vs black. Every situation is nuanced and some cops are better, smarter, more in tune than others. Just as some citizens due stupid, unpredictable things while others are calm and respectful.

I think the public is looking for consistency from consistently inconsistent humans.

Excellent post.

• Plus1 1

8 hours ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Not only that but blue check mark Brian (whoever he is) made a bunch of false statements in the tweet.  He did his best to retcon what actually happened in that stop.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
22 hours ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

If I was a cop in that state right now...I would not even bring my gun with me to work.  

• Fire 1