Police Reform

1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

assume this is two different incidents, in one of them you are wearing sweats (the more enjoyable for the one being danced on) and in the alternative example you decide to get a little denim burn. 

Well, in both instances it's your own fault, because you it shouldn't take you more than a song to get what you need out of a lap dance. 

Also, the correct answer is slacks/khakis; not as thick as jeans, but the glitter won't stick as much as it does to the sweat pants. 

• Plus1 1

I keep trying to think of how actually to reform law enforcement. The majority of people agree that something needs to be done.  We are caught though in this argument about "few bad apples" and mass problems.

I keep gettin back to the problem of police protecting police.  There is a major problem within law enforcement that they stick together.  This is very evident in large cities where there is more corruption within the departments.

THAT is what needs to get fixed.  If we could get law enforcement officers to not protect the "few bad apples", then they can start being weeded out hopefully before a catastrophe happens and someone dies that shouldn't.  

The only way I can think of that happening is if it continues to be a major hot button topic and when one cop kills does something wrong, others get in trouble too.  Like the other police officers that were on the scene of George Floyd.  They need to be held accountable too.  And maybe their commanding officer.  If need be, keep going up the food chain.  

We have to break up the good ol boy network in these departments while still supporting the good police officers.

• Plus1 4

4 hours ago, teachercd said:

Yes, it did.  Your posts always come off as very serious. 

If you don't think a joke is funny, given the seriousness of the situation, it doesn't mean you didn't get the joke. Seriously. 

Wait. You think a cop making a Tik-Tok video where he pretends to pwn LeBron James by implying he wouldn't intervene in black on black violence to teach the uppity colored superstar a lesson is funny?

Also, you know perfectly well that I'm frequently hilarious. 

• Plus1 2

All joking aside, the LeBron/Baio example is just a symptom of the problem.  People supporting idiocy in the name of "their side".  Not saying anyone here does it.  But, society does it as a whole.  

Want to fix this?  People need to start calling out idiots on THEIR side.

It's no different than my post earlier about police reform.  People need to stop protecting "their side".  

• Plus1 2
59 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Wait. You think a cop making a Tik-Tok video where he pretends to pwn LeBron James by implying he wouldn't intervene in black on black violence to teach the uppity colored superstar a lesson is funny?

Very much so! 

58 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Wait....you knew this was a joke, right? 

If you say so. 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

If you don't think a joke is funny, given the seriousness of the situation, it doesn't mean you didn't get the joke. Seriously. 

Also, you know perfectly well that I'm frequently hilarious. 

I do think you are funny, a lot of the time.

On 5/3/2021 at 9:13 PM, B.B. Hemingway said:

What a dumb ****! :lol:

I mean he never said he hasn't murdered anyone, or that he doesn't want to be white. /S

That cop seems like a pretty cool dude. His one liners we're pretty good too.

"I'm a teacher" - Congratulations!

Stop shaking

You keep smiling you're on camera

"You're trying to say I stole my own car because your jealous?" - Eh, I don't think so... :lol:

3 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I mean he never said he hasn't murdered anyone, or that he doesn't want to be white. /S

That cop seems like a pretty cool dude. His one liners we're pretty good too.

"I'm a teacher" - Congratulations!

Stop shaking

You keep smiling you're on camera

"You're trying to say I stole my own car because your jealous?" - Eh, I don't think so... :lol:

teachers must pay good in CA.  

• Plus1 1