Police Reform

17 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Stay out of the street and nothing to worry about:  stopping traffic is stupid, childish behavior.  Combine that with those lunatic nut job protesters who bang on and damage cars, it creates an issue of safety for the drivers and passengers. 

No.....just No.......

• Plus1 1

36 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

No.....just No.......

It’s amazing that Trump has warped your thinking so much that you disagree that having mobs of people in streets without a permit and with traffic trying to get through is not lunatic behavior and an unsafe atmosphere for the drivers and passengers.   Did you close your eyes when all the videos were posted out in the World Wide Web in the last year 

• Plus1 2
53 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

None of those actions even vaguely justifies allowing a driver to run them over, but if you want to take the stance that murdering people because they're causing you a longer drive is ok, then that's on you.

:thumbs   A mob of people surrounding a car, banging on it, trying to get in the car, gives a valid reason for the car to drive off.   If the protestors want to that, that’s on them to face the logical consequences of such behavior 

• Plus1 2

I gotta be honest, I would be scared, really scared, if I was caught in a situation where my car was surrounded.  I really don't feel like I could run people over and floor it, but I would be freaked out, big time, if people tried opening the doors or breaking the windows.

• Plus1 4
17 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

It’s amazing that Trump has warped your thinking so much that you disagree that having mobs of people in streets without a permit and with traffic trying to get through is not lunatic behavior and an unsafe atmosphere for the drivers and passengers.   Did you close your eyes when all the videos were posted out in the World Wide Web in the last year 

What in the world have I ever said that makes you think Trump influenced me on this opinion?

• Plus1 1
18 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

:thumbs   A mob of people surrounding a car, banging on it, trying to get in the car, gives a valid reason for the car to drive off.   If the protestors want to that, that’s on them to face the logical consequences of such behavior 

Way to ignore the more common case of some nutjob being angry about the protesters and running them over.

• Plus1 2

I guess the simple question, that you should answer if you are participating in this thread is, what would you do?

Say you are driving and you turn down a street and your car is now surrounded by protesters that for the most part are just protesting but with some starting to bang on your car and trying to open the door.

Honestly, what do you think you would do?  

I really think I would freeze, I would not move at all and would hope for the best.  

• Plus1 1
On 6/19/2021 at 10:54 AM, Archy1221 said:

How often has that happened?  What data point makes you say it’s more common?

Vehicle Attacks Rise As Extremists Target Protesters

Right-wing extremists are turning cars into weapons, with reports of at least 50 vehicle-ramming incidents since protests against police violence erupted nationwide in late May.

At least 18 are categorized as deliberate attacks; another two dozen are unclear as to motivation or are still under investigation, according to a count released Friday by Ari Weil, a terrorism researcher at the University of Chicago's Chicago Project on Security and Threats. Weil has tracked vehicle-ramming attacks, or VRAs, since protests began.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Pretty sure it was a medical issue. The driver was a member of the Pride group he hit...I think like 79 years old?

That's awful. Especially when it's a celebration. It's bad enough when random pedestrians are hit in accidents like this, but this is a double whammy for this group.

• Plus1 1