Police Reform

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

This kid didn't get hurt but this is maddening. The police officer is the one who seems impaired.

It's fun getting a field sobriety test when you're stone cold sober... I can only imagine it's even more fun to actually be arrested for being sober. I got tested for sitting in my car outside a bar after closing time waiting to pickup my GF from her shift. Fortunately the cop was sensible and could tell I wasn't intoxicated.

2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

This kid didn't get hurt but this is maddening. The police officer is the one who seems impaired.

Field sobriety tests are definitively stacked against you. They are not meant to help you, they are only meant to help the police gather data and evidence that could be incriminating. Best to refuse them in all circumstances just like it's best to never answer questions. When a cop asks, "You know how fast you were going?", they are not being friendly and cordial and conversational, they are trying to get you to admit guilt.

• Fire 2
1 hour ago, Lorewarn said:

Field sobriety tests are definitively stacked against you. They are not meant to help you, they are only meant to help the police gather data and evidence that could be incriminating. Best to refuse them in all circumstances just like it's best to never answer questions. When a cop asks, "You know how fast you were going?", they are not being friendly and cordial and conversational, they are trying to get you to admit guilt.

Not to be confused with the breathalyzer or other chemical tests, because if you refuse those you're probably getting an automatic suspended license depending on the state.

• Plus1 1