Police Reform

12 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

To understand why people are rioting, to understand why police reform NEEDS to happen, and to understand everything that is going on, this documentary breaks down the chain of events from the beginning.

This was the most eye opening documentary that I've ever seen.  Free to view on YouTube.  Trailer and full feature below:

Details everything...how the system SUPPORTS arresting people of color because it's always been that way.  How the system rips the right to representation, economic development, and dignity from anyone incarcerated, regardless of if they've paid their dues by serving time...the scarlet letter of a felony follows them forever and they have no power to do anything about it.

I think the biggest thing is that scarlet letter part.  

NYPD cop stripped of gun, shield for opening car door on protester

An NYPD police officer was stripped of his gun and shield because he opened a car door on a protester during George Floyd marches in Brooklyn — an episode that the city’s top cop called a “troubling incident,” according to a statement released Tuesday.

“As I’ve pledged to do, I want to share additional information regarding a troubling incident involving a member of the department related to demonstration activity that the NYPD is actively investigating,” Police Commissioner Dermot Shea said in the statement.

“As part of our obligation to provide accountability when officers fail to reflect the high standards we set, the NYPD is taking action regarding an episode in recent days that raises serious concerns,” he said.

The incident happened on May 29 when “the door of an unmarked NYPD vehicle was opened on a street in Brooklyn, striking a protestor,” the statement said.