Police Reform

On 5/3/2021 at 8:13 PM, B.B. Hemingway said:

What a dumb ****! :lol:

Wow....That cop did an amazing job of keeping his cool.  

However, this was not created by "demonizing police".  This woman is this type of personality no matter what the rest of society is doing.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

7 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

However, this was not created by "demonizing police".  This woman is this type of personality no matter what the rest of society is doing.

It's pretty naive to believe that the national narrative about cops didn't lead to her calling him a murderer for simply pulling her over.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't know, I watched that entire thing a few times.  She seemed totally calm, she seemed well aware of the law, she was nothing but kind and respectful.  I don't know, I am on board.  Defund the police.  

But in all seriousness, was that a Key and Peele skit?  

15 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

It would have been the same but still different. 

2 years ago, that "teacher" would have b!^@hed AFTER she got the ticket to her white rich friends at the white rich school she teaches at and then she would have made her poor husband listen to her b!^@hing all night long.  Then at about 9pm, after her 4th glass of wine she would have either posted something about it online or crafted an email to fire off to the police.  

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, teachercd said:

It would have been the same but still different. 

2 years ago, that "teacher" would have b!^@hed AFTER she got the ticket to her white rich friends at the white rich school she teaches at and then she would have made her poor husband listen to her b!^@hing all night long.  Then at about 9pm, after her 4th glass of wine she would have either posted something about it online or crafted an email to fire off to the police.  

Man, that woman is just bats#!t crazy. First she is calling the cop a murderer, and then 2 minutes later she’s being a racist and harassing the cop because he’s Hispanic. I did think it was great how calm the cop was, as well as his supervisor. “May I speak with your manager” is such a privileged white lady phrase. 

• Plus1 1

41 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Man, that woman is just bats#!t crazy. First she is calling the cop a murderer, and then 2 minutes later she’s being a racist and harassing the cop because he’s Hispanic. I did think it was great how calm the cop was, as well as his supervisor. “May I speak with your manager” is such a privileged white lady phrase. 

"May I speak with your manager" is a female thing.  Honestly, I have never said it and I don't know one dude that has said, but I know a bunch of wives that are constantly asking to speak with managers, especially when they want to return stuff at Target.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, to prevent this, we shouldn't complain about police when they make a disastrous mistake?

Or, we could not let one cops or a small handful of cops mistakes become the National narrative about cops in general.   Just saying.

• Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, to prevent this, we shouldn't complain about police when they make a disastrous mistake?

I don't think that is what they are saying.

I guess I don't see how you would watch this video and think anything other than "Yeah, this lady is f#&%ing annoying and of course yanked out her phone to record it and get famous because that is the thing to do right now"

There was nothing about this stop that was anything other than totally routine, with the exception of what that crazy lady did and how she acted.  

Just like when cops grab and cuff someone for no reason, this was the equivalent to that. 

I think we all agree that lady should have had her mouth washed out with lots of soap.

Just now, teachercd said:

I don't think that is what they are saying.

I guess I don't see how you would watch this video and think anything other than "Yeah, this lady is f#&%ing annoying and of course yanked out her phone to record it and get famous because that is the thing to do right now"

There was nothing about this stop that was anything other than totally routine, with the exception of what that crazy lady did and how she acted.  

Just like when cops grab and cuff someone for no reason, this was the equivalent to that. 

I think we all agree that lady should have had her mouth washed out with lots of soap.

Hard no to the bolded.

37 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Or, we could not let one cops or a small handful of cops mistakes become the National narrative about cops in general.   Just saying.

Very few people do this.  And, to be clear, saying changes need to be made in how we police isn't demonizing the police or lumping all police into a basket of bad apples.  It's an honest discussion that needs to be had.  

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Hard yes.

Wait, how hard?  Ha

Look, I get it, it is not exactly the same.

Verbal assault and physical restraints aren't even close to the same. Similar would be a cop that yells at a driver and cusses them out.