Police Reform

Just now, RedDenver said:

Wherein Archy continues to ignore the fact that everyone else is discussing context and keeps stating the fact was accurate. I'd say he's missing the point, but I think he actually knows the point but deliberately avoiding discussing it.

If one is talking year over year change that is the context. , but  Red knows this and just wants to argue 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

If one is talking year over year change that is the context. , but  Red knows this and just wants to argue 

But, those year over year statistics need to be put into context.

Otherwise, much of the discussion around them is meaningless.  If your boss is looking at quarter over quarter changes or year over year changes without context with past periods, he's only looking at a portion of what he should be.  I'm guessing he's considering all those other periods after he gets your reports.

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

This tweet got me thinking about something.

You know what I've never seen?  We've seen lots of body cam videos of police doing wrong.  We've seen a lot of body cam videos of criminals doing something wrong and police taking care of it.  What I have never seen is a body cam video of a police officer doing something wrong and other officers confronting him about it.

• Thanks 1
39 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This tweet got me thinking about something.

You know what I've never seen?  We've seen lots of body cam videos of police doing wrong.  We've seen a lot of body cam videos of criminals doing something wrong and police taking care of it.  What I have never seen is a body cam video of a police officer doing something wrong and other officers confronting him about it.

Not body can but here's one from last month. There out there.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

The violent protests have got to stop.  It’s time for the national guard I guess.  

The police resigned because of a grand jury indictment for a misdemeanor.

Earlier this week, a grand jury indicted a Portland police officer on an assault charge for what prosecutors allege was an "excessive and unlawful use of force" during a protest last summer.

Portland Police Bureau Officer Corey Budworth was indicted on Tuesday with one count of fourth-degree assault, a misdemeanor, stemming from the August 2020 incident, the Multnomah County District Attorney's Office said.

4 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

WTF would we give drivers civil immunity if they injure protesters? Haven't we learned anything from right-wing nutjobs running people over with their cars?

Stay out of the street and nothing to worry about:  stopping traffic is stupid, childish behavior.  Combine that with those lunatic nut job protesters who bang on and damage cars, it creates an issue of safety for the drivers and passengers. 

• Fire 1
5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Stay out of the street and nothing to worry about:  stopping traffic is stupid, childish behavior.  Combine that with those lunatic nut job protesters who bang on and damage cars, it creates an issue of safety for the drivers and passengers. 

None of those actions even vaguely justifies allowing a driver to run them over, but if you want to take the stance that murdering people because they're causing you a longer drive is ok, then that's on you.

• Plus1 1