Peaceful Protest 2020

Just now, knapplc said:

Closure of polling places, harassment by cops of Black voters, long lines in largely minority areas but next to no lines in largely White, suburban areas.

You'd have to be trying not to know these things not to know these things.

Minority voter turn out has been increasing every election. A previous lack of interest is much, much more likely. Bottom line. If someone in this country really wants to vote, they can vote.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Minority voter turn out has been increasing every election. A previous lack of interest is much, much more likely. Bottom line. If someone in this country really wants to vote, they can vote.

If minority voter turnout is increasing every election, why are they closing more and more polling places in minority-dominated areas?

Your own argument makes no sense.

And if you think making people wait in line four to eight hours isn't an intentional attempt to dissuade them from voting...  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Plus1 6
1 minute ago, knapplc said:

If minority voter turnout is increasing every election, why are they closing more and more polling places in minority-dominated areas?

Your own argument makes no sense.

And if you think making people wait in line four to eight hours isn't an intentional attempt to dissuade them from voting...  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The deflection of all personal responsibility has to be exhausting on that side of the aisle.

9 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

4 hour lines in minority communities, 0 min lines in white communities. That effectively prevents people in minority communities from voting. People have jobs, kids, a life - so no, not everyone can vote if its necessary they wait in line for 4 hours. If every communities voting line looked like the line in the white community, then you would have a point that everyone could vote. This is pretty simple stuff to understand...

• Plus1 4

A lot of convenient cherry picking going on in here. I had to wait over 2 hours at our most recent local voting polls. There were a couple black folks waiting in line as well, so I guess that must of been why. I should of asked them while we were in line if they thought shorter voting lines would prevent some of the culturally-driven bad decisions made by those living in the inner cities.... The larger point I'm trying to make is: There is a lot of finger pointing coming from the black community, as to why they have so many issues within their communities. They (and most of you) blame white people.... I (and some prominent black people) believe that a lot of inner city communities need to get their own houses in order (literally is some cases) before pointing blame at others, who in most cases, have zero impact on their lives. Even if the modern oppression of black people wasn't a fallacy, it still doesn't make you: 1) Father children, and not take care of them. 2) Join gangs, and partake in illegal activity that you KNOW will land you in legal trouble. 3) Shoot/Kill your fellow minorities at an astronomically higher rate than whites (or cops) are killing minorities. But, I've been down this road with most of you before, so..... Back to the Football forums I go.

• Haha 3
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

A lot of convenient cherry picking going on in here. I had to wait over 2 hours at our most recent local voting polls. There were a couple black folks waiting in line as well, so I guess that must of been why. I should of asked them while we were in line if they thought shorter voting lines would prevent some of the culturally-driven bad decisions made by those living in the inner cities.... The larger point I'm trying to make is: There is a lot of finger pointing coming from the black community, as to why they have so many issues within their communities. They (and most of you) blame white people.... I (and some prominent black people) believe that a lot of inner city communities need to get their own houses in order (literally is some cases) before pointing blame at others, who in most cases, have zero impact on their lives. Even if the modern oppression of black people wasn't a fallacy, it still doesn't make you: 1) Father children, and not take care of them. 2) Join gangs, and partake in illegal activity that you KNOW will land you in legal trouble. 3) Shoot/Kill your fellow minorities at an astronomically higher rate than whites (or cops) are killing minorities. But, I've been down this road with most of you before, so..... Back to the Football forums I go.

dSLR58p.jpg

• Plus1 1
36 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Okay, so...did everyone in CHAZville, since it is autonomous and (assuming they are going by that definition) no longer under US government and did they also then give up the right to vote?

I think by autonomous they mean free from police but ya... they might want to rethink that name. 

But they seem to be doing something I mentioned earlier which is have a discussion with the authorities about what they want and then agree to leave.

4 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

This is the dumbest s#!t I've read in at least the last week (except some content from Notre Dame Joe).

• Plus1 5
9 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I think by autonomous they mean free from police but ya... they might want to rethink that name. 

But they seem to be doing something I mentioned earlier which is have a discussion with the authorities about what they want and then agree to leave.

They might want to defund that name...oh wait...another word that people are using incorrectly.  Ha