Peaceful Protest 2020

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Is it such a stretch to think there's a different Umbrella Man in Atlanta? Or LA? Or Portland?

Do you think the same people protesting in Kenosha are protesting in Lincoln, or Ferguson?

Or, hear me out, there is a certain percentage of peaceful protestors that aren't so peaceful, are only there to loot and burn, and take advantage of the opportunity to do so even without individual/different "Umbrella Man" false flags

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Or, hear me out, there is a certain percentage of peaceful protestors that aren't so peaceful, are only there to loot and burn, and take advantage of the opportunity to do so even with individual/different "Umbrella Man" false flags

OR... and this is crazy so maybe take a seat - OR, maybe there's both. 

I'm not sure why you're pushing back on the idea that this guy is a false flag operative. It doesn't take any stretch of the imagination to think that these people are sowing discord.

Do you think Proud Boys are just sitting around doing nothing, not instigating anything?

For sure there are asshat looters out there. We see looting and rioting when sports teams win championships. Of course we know those people exist. 

But if you're politically opposed to peaceful protesters, and you belong to some paramilitary racist group, do you think you wouldn't stoop to breaking a few windows to try and set a match to the ire of some of those folks who might otherwise have just shouted some slogans?

• Plus1 4

IMO there are an array of reasons people turn to violence, property damage and looting. I think these "Umbrella" people certainly exist, just as much as there are local people looking to take advantage of a serious situation, just as much as there are angry people looking for a way to let loose their rage and frustration.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

OR... and this is crazy so maybe take a seat - OR, maybe there's both. 

I'm not sure why you're pushing back on the idea that this guy is a false flag operative. It doesn't take any stretch of the imagination to think that these people are sowing discord.

Do you think Proud Boys are just sitting around doing nothing, not instigating anything?

For sure there are asshat looters out there. We see looting and rioting when sports teams win championships. Of course we know those people exist. 

But if you're politically opposed to peaceful protesters, and you belong to some paramilitary racist group, do you think you wouldn't stoop to breaking a few windows to try and set a match to the ire of some of those folks who might otherwise have just shouted some slogans?

I did not say there isn't both. I am not pushing back, and I believe that he was an operative. I never said otherwise. 

However, with this post you, and others, seem to be presenting this incident to try and deflect blame from the asshat looters that did not need a false flag, and were patently ready and willing to loot and burn. 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, DevoHusker said:

I did not say there isn't both. I am not pushing back, and I believe that he was an operative. I never said otherwise. 

However, with this post you, and others, seem to be presenting this incident to try and deflect blame from the asshat looters that did not need a false flag, and were patently ready and willing to loot and burn. 

That's a you issue. You're reading that into this and I have no idea why. In no way have I ever tried to dismiss the actions of rioters & looters. Those people belong in jail and I have been pretty clear about that.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

That's a you issue. You're reading that into this and I have no idea why. In no way have I ever tried to dismiss the actions of rioters & looters. Those people belong in jail and I have been pretty clear about that.

Hence the qualifier "and others". If I read your intentions incorrectly then that is a me problem, and I stand corrected on your stance for those instances. 

• Plus1 1

No question that in many of these cities there are people in the peaceful protest that may be there peacefully, but would join in with vandalism or looting if they saw it happening.  THAT is what these operatives are trying to do.  If they start it, the crowd then takes over and they've accomplished their goal.