Peaceful Protest 2020

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2020-08-19/police-declare-riot-in-portland-amid-ongoing-protests#:~:text=Portland officers late Tuesday declared,in a statement early Wednesday

Protesters in Portland broke out the windows of a county government building, sprayed lighter fluid inside and set a fire in a demonstration that started Tuesday night and ended Wednesday morning with clashes with police, officials said.

The fire at the Multnomah Building damaged the county government's office of community involvement, where Oregon's first gay marriage took place and where protective gear has been distributed to try to prevent the spread of the coronavirus, said Multnomah County Chair Deborah Kafoury.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

So we're determined to make this topic about non-peaceful protests.  Cool.

I mean, the George Floyd thread exists.  

If you feel it needs to be moved, then by all means move it. It is just for FYI.

After all, you are a mod right? :D

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

never mind....putin is sending in the army to help Lukashenka

google translate

Local residents recorded the entry of Russian armored vehicles into #Belarus. In the video, a column of Russian troops - 24 armored personnel carriers - is moving towards Orsha and further to #Minsk.

59 minutes ago, commando said:

never mind....putin is sending in the army to help Lukashenka

google translate

Local residents recorded the entry of Russian armored vehicles into #Belarus. In the video, a column of Russian troops - 24 armored personnel carriers - is moving towards Orsha and further to #Minsk.

All I know is every time Putin's thugs... err, soldiers... roll in somewhere, peace and harmony flood over the land and all ends well. Right?!

Just now, Danny Bateman said:

All I know is every time Putin's thugs... err, soldiers... roll in somewhere, peace and harmony flood over the land and all ends well. Right?!

i feel for those people in belarus.   lukashenka said he won the vote with 86% favoring him...then almost everyone in the country turned out to protest him.  now russia is rolling in to annex....umm...err...i mean help lukashenka.  and as far as i know trump has never said anything in support of the democratic protests and i doubt he will condemn the russians rolling in now.

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, commando said:

i feel for those people in belarus.   lukashenka said he won the vote with 86% favoring him...then almost everyone in the country turned out to protest him.  now russia is rolling in to annex....umm...err...i mean help lukashenka.  and as far as i know trump has never said anything in support of the democratic protests and i doubt he will condemn the russians rolling in now.

Unfortunately these are the consequences for our global neighbors of the U.S. being MIA on the world stage. And Trump is either too stupid or too much of a Putin fanboy to stand up to any of it.

• Plus1 1

Lukashenka supported Russia against Ukraine. He also won’t allow people to photograph him from any angles that show his bald spot.

There were military all over in Minsk when I went there including at a concert acting as security. And they still have KGB and still call it KGB. 

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Anyone shocked that this guy was a false flag operative?  

Anyone? 

Bueller?

Because the act of breaking a window or two automatically "incites" everyone, who were only there to be part of a peaceful protest, to burn and loot. How does Umbrella Man in MN cause the looting and burning in Atlanta? Or LA? Or Portland?

• Plus1 1
Just now, DevoHusker said:

Because the act of breaking a window or two automatically "incites" everyone, who were only there to be part of a peaceful protest, to burn and loot. How does Umbrella Man in MN cause the looting and burning in Atlanta? Or LA? Or Portland?

Is it such a stretch to think there's a different Umbrella Man in Atlanta? Or LA? Or Portland?

Do you think the same people protesting in Kenosha are protesting in Lincoln, or Ferguson?

• Plus1 1