Ghost Town

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Had to wait for the data to be ready, but according to my little spreadsheet o'Rep, the top 25 Rep people posted 7,384 times from May 1 through July 1. 

From May 1 through July 1 over the past several years, we've had this many posts from that top 25:

2019 - 5,574

2018 - 6,140

2017 - 8,909

2016 - 6,474

2015 - 5,602

2014 - 8,390

The two outliers are 2014 and 2017 - Riley's first year and Frost's first year. So that generates a bit of excitement. The other years hover in a range between 5,000 & 6,000 posts, which is probably pretty normal for a message board during the main sport's off season. 

So, honestly, there hasn't been a drop-off in posting year over year, and there has been above-average activity here this year compared to other years.  Probably because there's a lot of election, virus and protest talk in P&R, and a lot of talk throughout the board about whether we'll even have a season.

Seems like the idea of a "ghost town" is probably more in your head, @Hooked on Huskers

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/1/2020 at 8:30 AM, knapplc said:

Seems like the idea of a "ghost town" is probably more in your head, @Hooked on Huskers

Well the last member post in Football section was 8 hours.  Not 8 minutes but 8 hours.  The second post, 19 hours.

Right now, "recently browsing" (football section), only 3 members, Hooked on Huskers (me), Decked and TheMeanFarmer.  Not in the middle of night but 9:00pm Sunday.

Member of HuskerMax BBS, "recently browsing" ....... (9:05pm Sunday)

... and 11 more (62 members)

I say Ghost Town

29 minutes ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

Well the last member post in Football section was 8 hours.  Not 8 minutes but 8 hours.  The second post, 19 hours.

Right now, "recently browsing" (football section), only 3 members, Hooked on Huskers (me), Decked and TheMeanFarmer.  Not in the middle of night but 9:00pm Sunday.

Member of HuskerMax BBS, "recently browsing" ....... (9:05pm Sunday)

... and 11 more (62 members)

I say Ghost Town

Then go post at HuskerMax. This place is doing what it's historically done.

And it's been, and continues to be, the best Husker message board on the webz.

See ya. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 3