Former Iowa players speak out about racial disparities within the program

Toe

Former lineman James Daniels, now with the Chicago Bears, spoke up first by tweeting "There are too many racial disparities in the Iowa football program. Black players have been treated unfairly for far too long."

This began a long thread in which many players recounted incidents of how they felt uncomfortable in the culture and were "walking on egg shells" in the facility.

https://www.kcci.com/article/former-hawkeyes-allege-racial-disparities-ferentz-responds/32786748

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mavric said:

I wonder what the odds are that some former player will now say that Ferentz knew about it and did nothing.  Especially with young Ferentz being called out.

I personally have a difficult time seeing Ferentz not knowing anything having worked with Doyle so closely the last couple of decades at Iowa, and Brian being his son. 

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, Mavric said:

I wonder what the odds are that some former player will now say that Ferentz knew about it and did nothing.  Especially with young Ferentz being called out.

Ferentz strikes me as an Andy Griffith sort of person who would try to resolve issues

The Younger one probably grew up believing he was entitled and if someone didnt bow down to him or got the girl he wanted he would hold a lot of built up frustration

Has anyone checked to see if anyone in the Iowa band is blaming Nebraska for this?