Former Iowa players speak out about racial disparities within the program

Toe

On 6/6/2020 at 7:28 AM, Toe said:

Can i ask how does one even begin to be racist in the common age.  This isnt like in the early 1800s where it might be common to see any color other than white on the football field but now with different skin colors and backgrounds i thought the moment this stuff came to light it would be squashed.  Forgive me for being ignorant but i would of thought  that based on the statment i read is that maybe the surroundings were alittle to white.  What i mean by that is that i mean this is iowa we are pretty frigging white with our country music, tractors, what not.  Was it bad like they saying come here boy, we dont like your kind here or was it more like rap music and gold chains make us whities nervous.  f#&% me when are we just going to learn as humans that were all different and different people like different things.  I hate iowa football but if one of these players wants to listen to rap while they help me cut down some trees who the f#&% cares.  But if the black players get more laps because there black well then WTF is that all about.  Im sorry, this is just to much when are we going to just learn to get along as fellow humans on this planet.  Start working for the common good  as a species not as a race, sex, religion, what ever f#&%ing group we decide to put ourselves in.  God (if you believe in that) i believe gave us all this wonderful gift of being so similar but yet so different.  I have no idea what its like in Saudi Arabia when its 120' and im sure some random arab has no idea what its like to shovel 3ft of snow.  Yet we are all born we live and we die it should be pretty simple.  I feel sorry for people like BRI getting put under fire for just trying to do what they feel is right, i feel sorry for the george floyds of the world who die senseless deaths, i feel sorry for the teachers of the world who try to put there best foot forward when there students could give a crap if they pass or fail, i feel sorry for alot of things.  Sorry for the rant, i guess im just tired of all the hate

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1

It saddens me so much knowing that racism still exists today. Racism rooted so deep within our pasts that I don't know if it will ever end. Hate creates Hate and to many people prefer to hate. Such a sad fact! Here's hoping Iowa and every university out there that is suffering this intolerance of evil can rise above the hate and openly change. Flesh alone can't heal the wounds!

• Haha 1