Former Iowa players speak out about racial disparities within the program

Toe

Ha...Get ready for a "I am going to retire" letter coming out from those two in a few days.

My coaching buddy that is a huge Iowa fan says he doesn't think Kirk will do the old "I am going to spend more time with my family" bit and is safe.  He said the SC coach is probably getting canned.

5 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Gut says there's no way Iowa would/will let Ferentz go unless more stories come out and they get worse. Could be wrong.  I don't think these stories coming out are bs either.  Still think he'll slide on by and continue being their HC.

Yeah, I really think it will only happen if more stuff comes out and/or if this becomes a protesting thing.

• Fire 1

It might get a little dicey for Ferentz IMO. Your all time leading receiver accusing you of blackballing his career and working against you every minute you were on campus is not a good look, nor is not including your son in the investigation. I know he said the degree of accusations was not the same, but if there are credible accusations I don't see why Brian wouldn't be on leave as well.

I could see this going a couple of ways - DJK didn't flat out say there were racist motives (at least from Kirk), but asked white players to come forward if they also had been treated harshly. If none have any similar experiences, it's going to be hard to hide it all behind Doyle. That's not some scrub who wouldn't have played anyway complaining that he was overlooked, that's one of their best receivers of all time. If non-black players come forward with similar punishments/requirements and other former players come to their defense as well, it will mostly be swept away as "being a little too tough on some snowflakes" and Doyle will be the fall guy. 

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, teachercd said:

Ha...Get ready for a "I am going to retire" letter coming out from those two in a few days.

My coaching buddy that is a huge Iowa fan says he doesn't think Kirk will do the old "I am going to spend more time with my family" bit and is safe.  He said the SC coach is probably getting canned.

I'd be absolutely stunned if either of those guys voluntarily stepped down, they make too much money.  Ferentz's contract in particular is a work of art and his agent should receive some type of award.  

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

I'd be absolutely stunned if either of those guys voluntarily stepped down, they make too much money.  Ferentz's contract in particular is a work of art and his agent should receive some type of award.  

No s#!t...does his agent negotiate with a gun to Barta's head?

I hear Kirk picks up his checks wearing a ski mask and holding a switchblade...because he is robbing them.

14 hours ago, teachercd said:

No s#!t...does his agent negotiate with a gun to Barta's head?

I hear Kirk picks up his checks wearing a ski mask and holding a switchblade...because he is robbing them.

His agent is a wizard.  Neil Cornrich is his name, among his clients is Belichick. 

https://www.clevelandjewishnews.com/archives/sports-agent-relishes-art-of-the-deal/article_93be67ea-2ff8-5837-a960-f3066a187f14.html

• Thanks 1

Press conference Friday at 2pm CDT with K. Ferentz and three players. Doyle is probably toast (already suspended), probably some other staff shakeups and punishments, but I doubt they'll be shopping for a new head coach.

Families of black former Hawkeyes are starting to organize

Iowa Announces Friday Afternoon Press Conference For Kirk Ferentz, 3 Players