Former Iowa players speak out about racial disparities within the program

Toe

Yeah he's not leaving, and frankly hasn't said much other than "we're changing things" without any examples beyond an advisory committee. Which is fine, I get that you need time to decide on the changes. But why hold a press conference when that's literally all you've done. Doesn't seem particularly apologetic or anything, some pretty defensive language in my biased, Iowa-hating opinion.

Completely dodged a question about specifically what he has learned and why he wasn't aware after mentioning learning and being more aware multiple times, lol. Again I hate Iowa, but he looks super out of touch. Says he didn't apologize and "thinks players know how he feels," which is presumably unapologetic.

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Seems a little weird with the independent review ongoing. They still going to pay him the million dollars if the review comes back overwhelmingly negative and racist? This is just a weird deal, but really seems like Ferentz will be totally fine.

I just still don't understand holding a press conference to say "we've listened and learned a lot" and then refuse to answer specifically what you've learned and heard. I get the bury your head in the sand and wait for it to go away strategy, but the only way a press conference makes sense in that is if you odn't take questions. And to their credit, the reporters asked good questions which were mostly hand waved away. 

• 2 weeks later...