Early Enrollee Discussion

3 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Kind of tough to lump them all together.  Linemen are pretty unlikely to contribute in year one regardless of if the are an early enrollee or not.  Henrich probably would have at least been on the field (not sure what extent) but for injury.  McCaffrey, Robinson and Nelson all saw significant time.  The only one left would be Nance.

Very true about lineman, I was pulling the thread of how many EE contribute in year 1 or not for whatever reason. McCaffery did play yep but the other two burned shirts so tomato/tomato I suppose.  I hear what you're saying.

11 hours ago, krc1995 said:

were you an early enrollee that moved 2000 miles to not to do those things with people older than you?

Not being snarky, but I think your situations are probably pretty different. 

Well I grew up in Indiana and would have love to leave to go to Nebraska.  I actually played with a set of twins who were really good athletes.  They lived about an hour and a half away from the school and ended up leaving before camp was over because they were homesick.  I don't think distance really has much to do with it.  Environment sure.  Like I mentioned before some kids are just different.

12 hours ago, Mavric said:

I don't remember any other early enrollees leaving after one semester.  Or anyone not making it through at least one season for anything other than disciplinary reasons.  

So I think this is a pretty isolated incident that probably doesn't have anything to do with being an early enrollee.

Wasn't Derrion Grim an EE that left right away? But right, I don't think it's specific to being one for Francois. Wasn't he dinged up for the little bit of Spring practice we had as well? In any case I'm excited that he seems to be fighting through it, kids a stud and it's not an easy transition to make.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Wasn't Derrion Grim an EE that left right away? But right, I don't think it's specific to being one for Francois. Wasn't he dinged up for the little bit of Spring practice we had as well? In any case I'm excited that he seems to be fighting through it, kids a stud and it's not an easy transition to make.

Yeah, I think you're right about Grim.

11 hours ago, Decked said:

Ever hear of a guy named Wan’Dale Robinson?

Adrian Martinez?

Luke McCaffrey?

Just FYI...I edited out my questions because by the time I got them typed up and posted. (Takes me a loooong time)  Someone else had asked a similar question so I removed mine.    Having said that Runningblind really answered what I was wondering about and I was even wondering from a career perspective but that's a lot of work.   

There was a  similar discussion about Curt Dukes and EE's a loooong time ago and I am just wondering if things have changed.  (Not sure if the discussion was on this board)   I seem to remember our early enrollee record to start with was not very good...

Also someone mentioned the 4 game role.  I think that helps the case for early enrollee's tremendously so maybe it's apples to oranges before and after the change?

2 hours ago, flatwaterfan said:

Just FYI...I edited out my questions because by the time I got them typed up and posted. (Takes me a loooong time)  Someone else had asked a similar question so I removed mine.    Having said that Runningblind really answered what I was wondering about and I was even wondering from a career perspective but that's a lot of work.   

There was a  similar discussion about Curt Dukes and EE's a loooong time ago and I am just wondering if things have changed.  (Not sure if the discussion was on this board)   I seem to remember our early enrollee record to start with was not very good...

Also someone mentioned the 4 game role.  I think that helps the case for early enrollee's tremendously so maybe it's apples to oranges before and after the change?

I think the Curt Dukes situation might have been when I started thinking about the pro/cons of EE’s. I’m pretty sure it was discussed here because what isn’t?   Lol. 

I guess we could start a separate thread about EE’s and delve as deep as we want to. definitely times, and situations,  are changing. Lots of opportunity to play early here, so maybe kids trying to get a jumpstart on their freshman year might be an influence. If we had good depth not sure there would be much benefit to being in Lincoln in January. It’s a long cold winter in Lincoln before the electric atmosphere of fall. 

Good idea for splitting this out and I apoligize for my contribution to getting the original topic off tangent.

Early enrollee's probably helped contribute to the support of an early signing date, which I really like. 

I hope someday they publish numbers on how many early enrollee's graduate.   I think someone mentioned that earlier in this thread. 

2 minutes ago, flatwaterfan said:

Good idea for splitting this out and I apoligize for my contribution to getting the original topic off tangent.

No worries.  It's not really anyone's fault.  It just happens from time to time.  It's just good to move it to a separate thread so the information more germane to the topic doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

With all the transfers, I wonder about the impact on graduation rates.  Could be a positive or negative I suppose.  

Hopefully the impact ends up helping more athletes end up with good educations and players enter post college life successfully.  The sports participation, imo, is great for building better people, socially, and on balance better contributors to healthy communities.  But the academics are the main reason for going to college.  There are so many benefits to sports, I always felt some sporting activities should be required in all schooling.  

• Plus1 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Haarberg, Ervin, Prochazka, Yager, Lutovsky, Neville, Kpai, and Malcom all planning to be early enrollees.

Only 4 of the 8 early enrollees from 2018 are still on the roster.

But all 6 of the early enrollees from 2019 are still on the roster along with 7 of the 9 early enrollees from 2020.

• Plus1 1
Just now, Mavric said:

Haarberg, Ervin, Prochazka, Yager, Lutovsky, Neville, Kpai, and Malcom all planning to be early enrollees.

Only 4 of the 8 early enrollees from 2018 are still on the roster.

But all 6 of the early enrollees from 2019 are still on the roster along with 7 of the 9 early enrollees from 2020.

Lack of sleep here...other than Gray...who is the other 2020?