Coach Duggs????

28 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

I am 100%, completely, totally out of the loop on this.....have no idea who BigCat or Coach Duggs is, or why this set of tweets is a thing.  Can someone help an old guy out and 'splain what this is all about?

Bigcat (barstool sports employee and co-host of the wildy popular sports/pop culture podcast "Pardon my Take") has started a career mode on the xbox 360 video game NCAA football 2014 (the last year it was made) and is streaming the coaching journey on twitch.tv/pardonmytake. Over 125,000 people tuned in to watch his National Title game Sunday night. 

The coach is named Gus Duggerton and is now head ball coach at University of Tennessee. He just lost the National title to Virginia Tech and there were rumors that he was going to accept another job if available and he was interested. 

A LOT of NCAA programs are having fun with the thought of "Coach Duggs" coming to their fictional 2014~ team. 

Coach Duggs has decided to stay at UT for now.

hope this helps.

• Plus1 6

I hate Barstool sports mainly because of Dave Portnoy being scum but I like Big Cat and have been watching this coach Duggs thing.

Reminds me when 1620 did the ABC tournament on NCAA football and found myself actually enjoying that.

Barstool is making a killing off of this thing with shirts and NCAA teams are so desperate a lot are tweeting about it. Its crazy to see how this has taken off.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, internetman said:

Bigcat (barstool sports employee and co-host of the wildy popular sports/pop culture podcast "Pardon my Take") has started a career mode on the xbox 360 video game NCAA football 2014 (the last year it was made) and is streaming the coaching journey on twitch.tv/pardonmytake. Over 125,000 people tuned in to watch his National Title game Sunday night. 

The coach is named Gus Duggerton and is now head ball coach at University of Tennessee. He just lost the National title to Virginia Tech and there were rumors that he was going to accept another job if available and he was interested. 

A LOT of NCAA programs are having fun with the thought of "Coach Duggs" coming to their fictional 2014~ team. 

Coach Duggs has decided to stay at UT for now.

hope this helps.

Excellent explanation.  Thanks!  I don't watch TV except for live Husker games at a bar or somewhere, so I don't get a lot of the current trends.  Way, way back in the day a friend of mine had a Sports Illustrated football game.  Dice and cards with a cardboard football field, with packs representing 13 major teams from the years prior.  71 Huskers, a Notre Dame team, a Georgia team and such.  You'd pick your offensive play card, then roll the dice to determine your outcome.  Same for the defense.  We actually had a draft of teams, then played a full schedule including season end playoffs and a championship game.  Way before internet and computers.  It was a great time.  If I remember, Georgia had a running play that was almost unstoppable.

• Plus1 1