Pre-Season Pressers

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

It is so true though.  Even at the HS level, the s#!t coaches say to reporters/parents is so phony compared to what they say in the coaches office.

Let me give you one from 2 seasons ago...QB takes off and instead of diving for a TD, slows down and basically turns into a human pillbug (or potato bug) if you will.

HC to parents and reporter:  "He made a really smart play on that drive, protecting the ball and getting what he could"

HC in locker room 15 minutes later:  "That kid is f#&%ing soft...and his parents drive me nuts.  Who stops at the 1 yard line"

I didn't realize you coached Joe Daily.

/It was Joe Daily, right???

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I didn't realize you coached Joe Daily.

/It was Joe Daily, right???

Haha!

Not this time!  

I actually didn't coach this kid, I was just in the office when it was said.  Well I did coach this kid, just not at that time.  

If I had still been coaching him he would have stopped at the two yardline!  Ha

Frost says he asks the players to fight for them on the field all the time, and he feels he needs to fight for them. Players want to play, coaches want to coach, and they want to have football.

They've worked with experts from UNMC and the players feel safe and taken care of, and they want to play. 

He says people aren't talking about what the world looks like without football. Skip past the financial aspect if there's no football. Skip past all the millions of dollars lost by the University, Lincoln and the State. Skip all that, their priority is the health and safety of the athletes. 

If they cancel football tomorrow, they're throwing up a white flag and saying it can't be done. But thinking about the wellbeing of the players, where do they go? What does Frost do with them? The virus will be there whether they play or not.

Some kids apparently have tested positive. No evidence, Frost says, that any of them contracted it in practice.

I don't know if any other coaches have held pressers recently, but I think Frost is the only one. This gives him a very tall pulpit to speak from, and he's NAILING it.

If there's an argument to play, right now, this Fall, he's making it. If the decision-makers can be influenced, this would do it.

• Plus1 5

I don't mean to be that guy and I understand there is alot to consider here, but of course the football coach is going to say he would let his kid play. The epidemiologist would probably not. And there is a whole lot more to it than if someone would or would not let their kid play. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1