Pre-Season Pressers

If we have even decent inside  linebacker play this year the defense will improve. Barry & Honas were pretty mediocre last year. I do think Miller will be an improvement to Barry. Looking forward to seeing Reimer out there. The more athletic guys are young but waiting in the fold. Need to get them experience. 

• Plus1 3
5 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

Appreciate Ruud being pretty candid there. Sounds like it’s still a bit of a work in progress.

I think it will be a positive for our team if the starting ILBs at the beginning of the season aren’t the starting ILBs at the end of the season.

As long as we replace a guy whose not playing well enough with one that’s better.  Just a change without improvement is more of the samev. ugh

• Plus1 2

Was really cool to hear Ty Robinson talk. He was asked how it felt to be thrown in there last year against teams like Wisconsin & Iowa and he said something to the effect of "I realized I wasn't in high school anymore; I couldn't just rely on my talent. I was going up against full-grown men."

When I think of D-linemen in a 3-4 I don't think that much about a big focus on technique. I think more about a focus on strength training and being physical in general. But Ty talked repeatedly about needing to learn more about his technique - pretty interesting.

I've said this many times: I believe the fan base sort of just assumed that all of the guys that Frost brought in to Lincoln were great position coaches & coordinators because UCF had an undefeated season. Two fired coaches later (Walters & Dewitt) and we see that wasn't exactly the case.

That said, I do think Tuioti is doing a good job with what he has to work with and listening to Thomas & Robinson speak, there seems to be a lot of unity in the DL room.

3 minutes ago, HuskerzFanatik said:

I'm just glad we had WOWT there to ask the hard questions that needed to be asked... which cardboard cutout do you want to see at the game.  True genius.

That was painful to watch, and he spent a lot of time on it too! I feel bad for Damion overall, he had that long and vague question and then McKewon basically insulting him by pushing on if he'd like a nickname for what he does on the field instead of Snacks. I don't think it bothers 'Snacks' Harrison, and it doesn't appear to bother Damion. 

Packers to visit with DT Damon Harrison on Wednesday

• Plus1 2

43 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Any talk on who is playing NT vs DE? Daniels seems to be the only one who wouldn't play DE...

All I can say from any new info in these interviews is that Robinson did confirm they're having him play both inside and outside.

I think most people on here already believed that would be the case, but it was cool to hear him say it out loud at least.

1 hour ago, Undone said:

Was really cool to hear Ty Robinson talk. He was asked how it felt to be thrown in there last year against teams like Wisconsin & Iowa and he said something to the effect of "I realized I wasn't in high school anymore; I couldn't just rely on my talent. I was going up against full-grown men."

I always thought that should be lesson one for recruits and incoming freshmen. You might have been the best player on your high school team, but now you're on a team full of guys who were the best at their schools, and you're playing against another team full of guys like that. What are you gonna do to stand out?

• Plus1 1