Pre-Season Pressers

Sipple talked a little about Manning on Severe & Benning. Says he's "working through some issues" and "not sure he'll be playing against Ohio State." Sip definitely sounds like he's keeping quiet about stuff he's heard....

Starts at 1:23

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, Toe said:

Sipple talked a little about Manning on Severe & Benning. Says he's "working through some issues" and "not sure he'll be playing against Ohio State." Sip definitely sounds like he's keeping quiet about stuff he's heard....

This is one of the major reasons why I have a problem with some people in the Spielman thread saying that Spielman was no big loss and now we have guys like Manning who are better. Manning's talent doesn't do anything for us unless he is out there producing on the field. There are already doubts about him being able to get out there for the first game. 

I hope Manning is able to play, and I hope he is a star. And for his sake, I hope he is okay. But it is foolhardy and premature to look at a recruiting class and suddenly be dismissive of someone like Spielman, who was on the field for 3 years and did produce in a big way. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

@Ulty I don't think Manning was even supposed to be the replacement for Spielman - he was supposed to be the replacement for Stanley Morgan that we didn't have last year (sorry, Kanawai Noa). Yeah, we've got a lot of restocking to do at WR...

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, Ulty said:

This is one of the major reasons why I have a problem with some people in the Spielman thread saying that Spielman was no big loss and now we have guys like Manning who are better. Manning's talent doesn't do anything for us unless he is out there producing on the field. There are already doubts about him being able to get out there for the first game. 

I hope Manning is able to play, and I hope he is a star. And for his sake, I hope he is okay. But it is foolhardy and premature to look at a recruiting class and suddenly be dismissive of someone like Spielman, who was on the field for 3 years and did produce in a big way. 

Spielman's production is a loss but if he wasn't mentally on board with the current direction of the program, or to even play football going forward, then we are much better without him.  He hasn't exactly been producing much at TCU.  If Manning isn't the guy then one of the good young recruits behind him will be.  Culture is much more important than one star.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Ulty said:

Attitude means something and one of those guys didn't have it 7 days a week - we will see in time if that number goes to 2.