2021 Season Notes

20 hours ago, hskrfan4life said:

Yep, TBF if Nebraska & Michigan keep winning, the series at the end of the year might determine a regional host.

That won’t happen this year because the NCAA is announcing regional hosts a few weeks prior to the start of the tournament, rather than when the brackets are released on Memorial Day weekend. This is being done to ensure the regional hosts have the necessary COVID testing equipment and other facilities to host 4 teams. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.baseballamerica.com/stories/2021-ncaa-baseball-tournament-projected-field-of-64-42121/%3famphtml

NU doesn’t necessarily have to be a 1-seed in this year’s tournament to be a regional host. If the NCAA wants to spread the regions around more geographically, NU could be a host as a 2-seed. But that still means NU needs to keep winning these next couple weeks.

Additional info on the tournament regionals and super regional are mentioned in this article. https://www.themiamihurricane.com/2021/04/11/how-the-ncaa-baseball-tournament-will-be-different-due-to-covid-19/

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

That won’t happen this year because the NCAA is announcing regional hosts a few weeks prior to the start of the tournament, rather than when the brackets are released on Memorial Day weekend. This is being done to ensure the regional hosts have the necessary COVID testing equipment and other facilities to host 4 teams. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.baseballamerica.com/stories/2021-ncaa-baseball-tournament-projected-field-of-64-42121/%3famphtml

NU doesn’t necessarily have to be a 1-seed in this year’s tournament to be a regional host. If the NCAA wants to spread the regions around more geographically, NU could be a host as a 2-seed. But that still means NU needs to keep winning these next couple weeks.

Additional info on the tournament regionals and super regional are mentioned in this article. https://www.themiamihurricane.com/2021/04/11/how-the-ncaa-baseball-tournament-will-be-different-due-to-covid-19/

Actually, it was said they are selecting 20 sites and informing those schools early so preparations and confirmations for covid protocols can be made and confirmed. Then, memorial weekend they will decide who is receiving. They adding 4 extra sites for 2 reasons. A. covid B. Late deserving teams. So, yes... if both NU and Michigan continue to win and play for the conference C-ship then one can assume they are also playing for a regional host. It's been said in multiple discussions that a 30 win B1G team would likely receive a regional but the B1G would only receive 1 regional at most. I do like your posts @ColoradoHusk as the posts are always well written, well intended and spot on but I think this time you missed a huge part of what the ncaa posted about selecting the sites. They choose the sites early yes. They are choosing 20 and informing all 20 host schools but the actual site locations will not be released until the end of May.

edit: I may be wrong here too so if I am please accept my apology and please correct me :)

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

Actually, it was said they are selecting 20 sites and informing those schools early so preparations and confirmations for covid protocols can be made and confirmed. Then, memorial weekend they will decide who is receiving. They adding 4 extra sites for 2 reasons. A. covid B. Late deserving teams. So, yes... if both NU and Michigan continue to win and play for the conference C-ship then one can assume they are also playing for a regional host. It's been said in multiple discussions that a 30 win B1G team would likely receive a regional but the B1G would only receive 1 regional at most. I do like your posts @ColoradoHusk as the posts are always well written, well intended and spot on but I think this time you missed a huge part of what the ncaa posted about selecting the sites. They choose the sites early yes. They are choosing 20 and informing all 20 host schools but the actual site locations will not be released until the end of May.

edit: I may be wrong here too so if I am please accept my apology and please correct me :)

I don't mind being corrected on items, if I am wrong.  I was going by with what I have heard on podcasts and in various articles.  The 4 extra sites thing is new to me, so thanks for that additional clarification.  I still think they would need to let schools know if they are host sites, so they can have the COVID protocol equipment and processes set.  Supposedly that needs to be done 2-3 weeks in advance.  I agree that both Michigan and Nebraska won't host a regional.  NU has submitted a bid to host a regional, I don't know if Michigan has.

26 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

Gotta say, I think the remaining road to 30 wins is an incredibly difficult one. This series against Rutgers is a very important series. Gotta win that series to have a shot at 30

I think 30 wins is still very do-able. There are 17 games left. 8 against Rutgers and Northwestern, and 9 against the Indiana, Ohio State, and Michigan. If NU gets 5 or 6 from Rutgers and NW, then NU would just basically need to split against the other 3. 

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

D1 is determined to push for a DVH vs Bolt confrontation. Personally, I think if we reach 32+ wins it wouldn't happen unless it were to happen in the CWS. Honestly, I think it would make for a very interesting CWS matchup. What do you think @hskrfan4life

It would be yes, but the most important thing to look for is first (who's in our regional) then (who's the likely super regional opponent). First we need to make it out of the Regional though.

I mean I'd be happy with a regional title.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

It would be yes, but the most important thing to look for is first (who's in our regional) then (who's the likely super regional opponent). First we need to make it out of the Regional though.

I mean I'd be happy with a regional title.

I think, like me, you'd be happy with a conference title and elated with a regional title. Gotta take it one step at a time. One series at a time.. Game by Game, Day by Day, We Get Better & Better, Can't Be Beat, Won't Be Beat!!! GBR!!!!!!!

• Plus1 1
16 hours ago, hskrfan4life said:

https://d1baseball.com/analysis/d1baseball-projected-field-of-64-april-27/

NEBRASKA PROJECTED AS 1-SEED! #16 OVERALL!

LET'S GO!!!

Would have Wright State, Texas Tech & UCLA in the regional

That would be a blood bath of a regional. Texas Tech is top 15 is every poll, flirting with the top 10. UCLA is boardline top 25 - with multiple guys that are top 3 round draft picks. Wright St is no stranger to the NCAA Tournament and has a top 15 RPI. We (as the host and 1 seed) would have the worst RPI in the regional! I want a regional in Lincoln so bad..