2021 Season Notes

21 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

Almost through the Competitive Balance B (compensatory after 2nd Round) and Christo has not been taken. Signing bonuses about to drop below $1 million are a good thing for those of us rooting for Christo to come to play college ball. 

Yep, heard his number was north of $1 Mill. More like 1.5. Feeling good about him, we will need him because I'm sure Cade will be taking the 3rd round money. 

• Plus1 1

23 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Yep, heard his number was north of $1 Mill. More like 1.5. Feeling good about him, we will need him because I'm sure Cade will be taking the 3rd round money. 

Is Chase Mason in? Saw lot of articles on him more lately then Christo and ESPN had him in top 250 ranked players. 

1 minute ago, Xmas32 said:

That is awesome!  Going to be really interesting to see if he comes back.  He's in a great spot leverage-wise with 2 years of eligibility left.

Highly unlikely he comes back. Twins wouldn't have drafted him unless he committed to signing with him. He was projected to go round 6-8 so picking him this early means he's gone. 

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, jackattack030 said:

Highly unlikely he comes back. Twins wouldn't have drafted him unless he committed to signing with him. He was projected to go round 6-8 so picking him this early means he's gone. 

Exactly. The Twins pick him there because they know he will sign and that they (likely)get him to sign below what the spot is worth (and use left over money in higher slots).

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

That is awesome!  Going to be really interesting to see if he comes back.  He's in a great spot leverage-wise with 2 years of eligibility left.

I'm guessing he is gone. Top 100 selection is basically his ceiling. He can sign below slot and sign for more than he would have gotten in rounds 5-10. Way too good to give up, he earned it. He could come back, but 22 y/o guys that aren't throwing upper 90s aren't typically guys selected top 50. 

• Plus1 2
On 7/14/2021 at 8:39 PM, FrantzHardySwag said:

He has no relation to Rob. Just share a last name. 

Can Rob adopt him?

On 7/12/2021 at 2:51 PM, bugeater17 said:

Exactly. The Twins pick him there because they know he will sign and that they (likely)get him to sign below what the spot is worth (and use left over money in higher slots).

Am I the only one surprised he got picked higher than Kevin Kopps?