2022 SF Isaac Traudt [Virginia Commit]

40 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

It’s a repeat of the Sallis situation. As of now, yes we have a chance with him.  However, the more attention he gets from Duke, Michigan State, UNC, etc the less likely he would be to stick around for NU (in my opinion).

Being from the middle of the state, and not Omaha, It would appear that that might negate a potential Creighton influence.

2 hours ago, Comish said:

Being from the middle of the state, and not Omaha, It would appear that that might negate a potential Creighton influence.

Agreed and frankly for Sallis I don’t think he has any interest in Creighton at all. I think he probably wanted to include 1 local school in his top 12 and that’s why Creighton is there, but I would be absolutely stunned if Sallis spurned every program in the country at this point to go to Creighton. 

To me with Traudt, I’m most worried about teams like KU, Michigan State, etc. Someone like Illinois or Arkansas doesn’t concern me as much despite how well those teams have recruited recently.

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It really is sad that the Nebraska program has been so bad for so long.  I'm fully on board with Fred and I think he can do very well here.  But, it's sad when Nebraska has had the level of talent they have had in the last number of years only to have them have little to no interest in the Huskers.

Yeah, it's kind of been a case of bad timing for 30 years now.

In the 90s there was a ton of in-state talent and we did get some of it but didn't really capitalize on a lot of it.  Not sure we recruited the in-state guys as hard as we should have.

From the early 2000s until recently we had coaches who seemed to try to recruit in-state talent but there wasn't much of it to go around and what there was tended to be mostly Omaha kids who mostly chose Creighton.

Now there is all of the sudden a ton of talent around but they are so good (and we are so bad) that they are looking at bigger programs elsewhere.

The only thing that might help with Traudt is he is another year out and perhaps Fred can show enough upward trajectory that it will entice him to stay closer to home.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, Mavric said:

In the 90s there was a ton of in-state talent and we did get some of it but didn't really capitalize on a lot of it.  Not sure we recruited the in-state guys as hard as we should have.

From the early 2000s until recently we had coaches who seemed to try to recruit in-state talent but there wasn't much of it to go around and what there was tended to be mostly Omaha kids who mostly chose Creighton.

Now there is all of the sudden a ton of talent around but they are so good (and we are so bad) that they are looking at bigger programs elsewhere.

The only thing that might help with Traudt is he is another year out and perhaps Fred can show enough upward trajectory that it will entice him to stay closer to home.

Just like in football.  Winning solves a lot of this.  He's going to have to do it with transfers and JUCOs first.  Hopefully, once he starts developing the program, local kids like this will be more interested

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

That, AND the fact that he has already labeled Fred a "Genius".......(which would seem to indicate a level of respect worthy of further recruiting attention)................

• Plus1 2
  • 2 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...
  • seaofred92 changed the title to 2022 SF Isaac Traudt [Virginia Commit]