Frost, Hoiberg to donate portion of salaries back to athletics

Super good PR move. I figured they would do something like this.

Frost, Hoiberg to donate portion of salaries back to athletics

Nebraska Head Football Coach Scott Frost and Head Men’s Basketball Coach Fred Hoiberg will each donate a portion of their salaries for the upcoming fiscal year back to the Husker Athletic Department’s general operating fund.

The amount donated to the department will be determined as the Athletic Department finalizes its budget in the near future.

A native of Wood River, Neb., Frost is in his third year as the Huskers’ head football coach. He was a two-year letterwinner at quarterback for Nebraska in 1996 and 1997, leading the Huskers to the 1997 national championship. His parents are both University of Nebraska-Lincoln graduates and his mother, Carol, is a member of the Nebraska Athletics Hall of Fame.

“These are difficult times across our country and in college athletics, and Nebraska Athletics is not immune to the financial crunch,” Frost said. “This athletic department has been so important to my family for several decades. Before I ever played or coached here, I was a Nebraska Cornhusker fan first. I wanted to do my small part to help ensure our athletic department and all of our teams have the necessary resources to compete for championships moving forward.”

Hoiberg is entering his second season leading the Nebraska men’s basketball program and has deep family roots to the University of Nebraska. Both of his parents are Nebraska graduates and his grandfather, Jerry Bush, was the Huskers’ men’s basketball coach from 1954 to 1963.

“When I took this job, one of the things that stood out to me most about Nebraska was its complete commitment to the student-athlete, not just in football or men’s basketball, but in all sports,” Hoiberg said. “After a little more than a year here, I am even more impressed with the resources available to our young men and women. It is important to me to contribute to keeping Nebraska a leader in student-athlete support and services.”

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 3

Bill Moos - "You guys are getting a temporary pay cut this year so we may as well put a positive spin on it and call it a donation"

Coaches- "Do we have a choice?"

BM - "No"

Coaches - "Our wives will be pissed but at least Faux Pelini is going to have fun with this one..."

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
20 hours ago, Hilltop said:

Bill Moos - "You guys are getting a temporary pay cut this year so we may as well put a positive spin on it and call it a donation"

Coaches- "Do we have a choice?"

BM - "No"

Coaches - "Our wives will be pissed but at least Faux Pelini is going to have fun with this one..."

LOL

Moos says - 10% budget cut for next 12 months.  That seems modest all things considered but most likely he has deferred a bunch of things into the future year(s) as well.  

Frost and Fred salaries cut as I had expected.  Not sure why he didnt announce a big salary deferral for the big bucks bunch (those over $500,000 for example).  

Im sure Fred and Scott and Moos and Cook could manage family budget on a third of their base pay.  

That alone would be around $5 million in budget help.  

Plus in a couple years, three national titles would generate $20 million in apparel sales alone!  lol

• Plus1 1

27 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Plus in a couple years, three national titles would generate $20 million in apparel sales alone!  lol

Let's see-  trying to do the math here,  I think even Jethro Bodean who had a 6th grade education you know would say it is hard to crowd 3 NC into 2 years (couple = 2 in my part of the woods).  :sarcasm

But to your point, when SF gets this program turned, the revenue streams will be flowing freely again.

• Plus1 1
26 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Moos says - 10% budget cut for next 12 months.  That seems modest all things considered but most likely he has deferred a bunch of things into the future year(s) as well.  

Frost and Fred salaries cut as I had expected.  Not sure why he didnt announce a big salary deferral for the big bucks bunch (those over $500,000 for example).  

Im sure Fred and Scott and Moos and Cook could manage family budget on a third of their base pay.  

That alone would be around $5 million in budget help.  

Are you drinking a lot of red kool-aid or is it T.G.I.F. :cheers

Hope you are right.

30 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Let's see-  trying to do the math here,  I think even Jethro Bodean who had a 6th grade education you know would say it is hard to crowd 3 NC into 2 years (couple = 2 in my part of the woods).  :sarcasm

But to your point, when SF gets this program turned, the revenue streams will be flowing freely again.

National titles in football, bb and vb in 2020 and 2021  = 6.  Even I can cipher at 6th grade grad level!   lol.  So I was just being conservative in my numbers as winning back to back in all three sports at DONU is a really really wet dream, even for 84HuskerLaw!!  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
50 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

National titles in football, bb and vb in 2020 and 2021  = 6.  Even I can cipher at 6th grade grad level!   lol.  So I was just being conservative in my numbers as winning back to back in all three sports at DONU is a really really wet dream, even for 84HuskerLaw!!  

bingo - I'll give you a trophy for that one.  

I do think once Frost gets it rolling we'll see a NC..... sometime. 

Just a bit more Beverly Hills style ciphering I learned at UNL in Calc class:

If Frost goes 14-0 this fall, the Husker shirts would sell like hot cakes at IHOP, nationally -  “umpteen“ million for sure.  

Frost could afford a new cement pond in the back yard!   

And Moos will give himself a big bonus for sure!   lol.