xmas32-Canes Sauce

Hey Roxy - just FYI, you need to tag another member using the @ symbol if you wish for them to see content on the board. However, this only works in the body of a post. It does not work in thread titles.

Just type the '@' symbol (no quotations) immediately followed by the posters name and then click their name when it pops up. For example: @Xmas32

• Plus1 1

So, it looks like there's a few copycat recipes for this sauce online. Pretty much the same ingredients, and here's, supposedly, a post by a disgruntled former employee who divulged the recipe.  Although I doubt they make it in such small batches onsite. 

L3OX79a.jpg

And here's a couple of recipes I found on the series of tubes, both of which mostly mirror this one:

(Recipe one)

Canes Sauce

1/2 cup Mayonnaise
1/4 cup Ketchup
1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
1/4 tsp Worcester Sauce
1/2 tsp black pepper
Paprika to taste

(Recipe two)

Canes Sauce

1/2 cup Mayo
1/4 cup ketchup
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp black pepper

Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl.  Mix until well combined.  Let sit in the fridge for 2 hours before serving.  Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.

The method for both is the same - whisk the ingredients in a small bowl & refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.

I'm not enough of a Canes diner to know if any of these is closest to the real thing.

Also, I would never use "garlic salt" in any recipe. Use garlic powder (preferably granulated) and salt. That way you control the salt in your food. You have no idea how much salt they put in "garlic salt." 

• Plus1 3

I've tried homemade variants of Canes sauce a few times over the years (never with garlic salt).They've all been along these lines but they've never tasted 100% like it; maybe more like 90-95%? I've noticed that I'm acutely aware of the mayo and ketchup flavorings when I make it and that's not something I really pick up on when I eat actual Canes sauce. It could just be because I made it, I know what it's in it, and therefore it's much easier for me to pick up on the different ingredients. I'm not sure.

But, homemade versions are still pretty darn good.

• Plus1 1