Ketchup/No Pic

All you ketchup haters just stop. Ketchup is a sauce. It's no different than putting horseradish on your Prime Rib, mushroom sauce on your tri-tip, or any other sauce on any other red meat.

You don't like it? Fine. Live your life. But I like ketchup. I grew up poor & we ate crap cuts of meat and ketchup helped make it palatable. Now I can get some ribeyes or New York Strip when I want and I can make them how I like. And I like the ketchup. And you can all go suck a lemon if you don't like it the way I like it.

You ain't eating my steak. It's my steak. If I want to eat it bloody raw, that's my business. If I want to eat it slathered in a quart of ketchup, that's my business.

anziWxt.jpg

• Haha 3
13 minutes ago, knapplc said:

All you ketchup haters just stop. Ketchup is a sauce. It's no different than putting horseradish on your Prime Rib, mushroom sauce on your tri-tip, or any other sauce on any other red meat.

You don't like it? Fine. Live your life. But I like ketchup. I grew up poor & we ate crap cuts of meat and ketchup helped make it palatable. Now I can get some ribeyes or New York Strip when I want and I can make them how I like. And I like the ketchup. And you can all go suck a lemon if you don't like it the way I like it.

You ain't eating my steak. It's my steak. If I want to eat it bloody raw, that's my business. If I want to eat it slathered in a quart of ketchup, that's my business.

anziWxt.jpg

I love ketchup, but I'll continue to think putting ketchup on steak is wrong. If a steak needs ketchup, it wasn't cooked correctly. It should taste great without any sauce at all (including steak sauce) IMHO. If someone judging your use of ketchup uses steak sauce, they're doing it wrong too.

But sometimes I mix red wine with orange juice and drink it out of a plastic cup.

• Plus1 1

11 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I love ketchup, but I'll continue to think putting ketchup on steak is wrong. If a steak needs ketchup, it wasn't cooked correctly. It should taste great without any sauce at all (including steak sauce) IMHO. If someone judging your use of ketchup uses steak sauce, they're doing it wrong too.

But sometimes I mix red wine with orange juice and drink it out of a plastic cup.

I was going to +1 until that last line.

Bunch of savages around here.

11 hours ago, knapplc said:

anziWxt.jpg

Yes, we all used to be 5 and put ketchup on everything. Then we found out that good food tastes good and doesn't need the sickly sweet addition of ketchup.

(Great picture though)

• Plus1 2

My parents were pretty good cooks growing up, but the one thing they never cooked well were steaks. They were usually bordering on well done and super chewy. As a result, I used to smother them in A1 sauce and didn't really like steaks because that's what I thought they all tasted like. I still have a sweet spot for A1 sauce as a result.

Nowadays though, my absolute favorite kind of a steak is a S&P seasoned ribeye (pulled out of the fridge 30 min. before cooking), seared at high heat on a cast iron skillet and basted in garlic, thyme and butter until medium rare. Rest for 5 min and then pour a little bit of the left over butter mixture from the pan on top of the steak. SO. GOOD.

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Yes, we all used to be 5 and put ketchup on everything. Then we found out that good food tastes good and doesn't need the sickly sweet addition of ketchup.

(Great picture though)

There needs to be a gif of an anteater dropping a mic, then doing this. That would have been perfect.

• Plus1 1