OWH Camp Countdown

#50 - Blaise Gunnerson 
6-6, 250 • Freshman • Outside linebacker

Gunnerson’s position remains somewhat fluid since he could line up as a defensive end or outside linebacker. His strength as an edge rusher is much more certain.

The Carroll Kuemper grad represented a recruiting win for Nebraska in the 2020 class when the consensus three-star prospect chose the Huskers over Iowa State and Iowa. He enrolled early at NU, though an injury would have limited his spring participation if pandemic-related shutdowns hadn’t wiped it out after two practices.

OWH

Just now, bugeater17 said:

Odd that they would have Gunnerson on this list over Keem Green (or even some of the redshirt freshman on defense). I'm thinking Gunnerson is headed for a redshirt year as he is a tweener and will likely take a year to figure out how he best fits.  

Yeah, I'm as excited for Gunnerson as anyone but they sure got over Green quickly. Seems like a Junior who would probably be in the SEC if not for technicalities around online classes is a better bet than a true freshman coming off of an injury and without spring ball. I bet Gunnerson gets his 4 games in and wouldn't be shocked if they burned his redshirt, but that really depends on what we can get out of Cooper, Nelson, and Tannor. And if anybody like Alston or Graham can make a leap.

• Plus1 1

24 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

Odd that they would have Gunnerson on this list over Keem Green (or even some of the redshirt freshman on defense). I'm thinking Gunnerson is headed for a redshirt year as he is a tweener and will likely take a year to figure out how he best fits.  

This may be right, but I think if anyone is good enough to compete for the two-deep and/or can meaningfully contribute in more than five games in any way this year, redshirts need to be cast aside. Gotta pull out all the stops to not have another losing season.

If you guys have questions about how the OWH puts together this camp countdown list, I recommend listening to their Pick 6 Podcast each week.  This past week, McKewon went into pretty good detail on how they started to create the list and how he got to his honorable mentions.

Regarding Keem Green, McKewon just isn't very high on him, and he was over-recruited by other JUCO guys from this past cycle, and it may be tough for Green to crack the two-deep.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 3
6 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

If you guys have questions about how the OWH puts together this camp countdown list, I recommend listening to their Pick 6 Podcast each week.  This past week, McKewon went into pretty good detail on how they started to create the list and how he got to his honorable mentions.

Regarding Keem Green, McKewon just isn't very high on him, and he was over-recruited by other JUCO guys from this past cycle, and it may be tough for Green to crack the two-deep.

This is fine if Daniels can stay on the field for more than a handful of snaps. I really want Robinson to play DE more often than not.

• Plus1 2