True Freshman who will make an impact

1 hour ago, GIHusker said:

This article picks 3... they all make some sense but I might have gone with two or three receivers not just the one.  Maybe trying to spread it out a little.

https://cfbsaturdays.com/nebraska-cornhuskers-true-freshmen-to-watch-in-2020/

Throw that article in the trash.  It said our ILB play was a strength and our OLB play was weak.   Both were not very good.  

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, hunter49 said:

getting new kids coached up in a compressed time frame will be a huge challenge.

as you can see what little experience we have is being shuffled to deal with inexperience....less than ideal.

It will be interesting to see what Frost & Co decide to do as an overall approach to season 3.  

Are they focused more on building foundation for future years by going with a youth movement, knowing errors will naturally happen.  In the short term (2020),  it may be that older, more experienced, knowledgeable players, perhaps less athletic, give us better chance to win games. But, in the future, getting more snaps this year will enable the youngsters to be ready in ‘21 and ‘22.   

I tend to think he had planned, before the virus shutdown, to go young this fall hoping to win some, lose some, but build experience.  But this assumed spring and summer work.  Now, just putting a first unit on both sides who know what to do, even though not exceptionally athletically, will be a big accomplishment I afraid.  

• 4 weeks later...

4 hours ago, cornhuskers4ever said:

I think I have seen he will be a Red Shirt Freshman, and I'm not sure if he is recovering from injury/surgery, but if he is health, I think that Blaze Gunnerson would have an impact as a Freshman. 

Even with depth issues: coming off a hip surgery I just don’t think he’ll be ready to contribute