Huskers add former 4* Tackle Ezra Miller as transfer from Iowa

Four-star prospect per the 247 Composite coming out of Holstein, Iowa in the Class of 2019

Originally said he was retiring from football after last season due to back issues

Entered the Transfer Portal in May.  At that time, he admitted that the back issues weren't the reason.

EYjADKTXgAQwQn0?format=jpg&name=large

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

2019 recruit.  So, sit out and then 3 years of eligibility? 

No way, he's claiming his strength coach made racist comments and will get a waiver this season.  It was well documented and his coach was let go on his own accord.  If he wants to play this season, I would definitely push it to the NCAA, it has worked for others.

11 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

No way, he's claiming his strength coach made racist comments and will get a waiver this season.  It was well documented and his coach was let go on his own accord.  If he wants to play this season, I would definitely push it to the NCAA, it has worked for others.

You have a lot more faith in the NCAA having some form of guide lines and consistency than I am.

2 minutes ago, Treand3 said:

Yep, unless he gets a waiver to play immediately. I sort of think he'll sit out so he can put on scholarship next year.

So....he would pay for one year of schooling to sit out so he could get a scholarship next year.  That seems odd to me.  Either way, he's paying for a year of school.  This way, he plays right away.

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, OH HSKR FAN said:

Looking around the house
Hidden behind the window and the door
Searching for signs of life
But there's nobody home

Well, maybe I'm just too sure
Or maybe I'm just too frightened by the sound of it
Pieces of note fall down, but the letter said

giphy.gif

• Plus1 1

First, I think almost everyone is getting a waiver this year.  The NCAA is not going to want to step on any possible toes, just a guess, but it is what I think.

Secondly, props to Iowa for helping this kid come up with that cover story.  It is so hard to admit that "stress" or "depression" is beating you down and props to them for realizing this guy (at the time) needed a story to help him out.  

• Plus1 2

So why the walk-on and not much interest outside of lower division schools for a former 4*? Apparently we told him that he'll have to earn a scholly? Just gun-shy about his 'health issues' (physical or mental)?

• Plus1 1
46 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You have a lot more faith in the NCAA having some form of guide lines and consistency than I am.

So....he would pay for one year of schooling to sit out so he could get a scholarship next year.  That seems odd to me.  Either way, he's paying for a year of school.  This way, he plays right away.

Not really. We only have one scholarship available for the 2020 season and that will go to Jospeh if he qualifies. So it makes sense for him to sit out, get in S&C and learn the blocking schemes.

9 minutes ago, Treand3 said:

Not really. We only have one scholarship available for 2020 and that will go to Jospeh if he qualifies. So it makes sense for him to sit out, get in S&C and learn the blocking schemes.

Why?  No matter what, he's paying for a year.  He can just as easily play this year as a walk-on and get a scholarship next year.

Point of clarificatly - does the 4 game rule apply to transfers? If that's the case, I could see him sitting this year (playing 4 games) and learning the scheme.  But, to not play because of scholarship doesn't make sense to me.

• Plus1 1