Huskers add former 4* Tackle Ezra Miller as transfer from Iowa

11 hours ago, Stumpy1 said:

Miller had offers from the whole B1G, including tOSU and us.  He had offers from OU, Oregon, USC and some SEC schools as well.

You got a source for that? His 247 profile out of HS only shows three offers, and Rivals only shows two. And as a transfer, according to OWH, "This time most of his interest came from FCS and Division II schools." I don't doubt that he could have had a lot more offers, especially out of HS, but I can't find anything that says he actually did.

"Yep" to the last two posts.  Stance would be an easy fix you would think.  Feet however, are not, IMHO. 

I can't find anything outside of the three offers.  No biggie.  I was looking  to read what those schools had to say about him.  I did read one article that mentioned Notre Dame but nothing was said by or about school.

59 minutes ago, Toe said:

You got a source for that? His 247 profile out of HS only shows three offers, and Rivals only shows two. And as a transfer, according to OWH, "This time most of his interest came from FCS and Division II schools." I don't doubt that he could have had a lot more offers, especially out of HS, but I can't find anything that says he actually did.

I don't remember seeing any specific schools.  But I read that he was an Iowa kid who was set on going to Iowa so he didn't report any of his offers after he committed to Iowa.

I would guess that the OWH just looked up his profile on Rivals and went with what that showed.

2 hours ago, Toe said:

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

I don't remember seeing any specific schools.  But I read that he was an Iowa kid who was set on going to Iowa so he didn't report any of his offers after he committed to Iowa.

I would guess that the OWH just looked up his profile on Rivals and went with what that showed.

Betts only had reported offers of Nebraska, Iowa, Iowa State, Minnesota and SDSU on 247. However, I remember people saying he had a lot more, but he was going to Nebraska and never announced them. Similar for Prochazka, he hasn't announced any offers since he committed, but I'd venture to guess he has received more.

• Plus1 4
1 hour ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Betts only had reported offers of Nebraska, Iowa, Iowa State, Minnesota and SDSU on 247. However, I remember people saying he had a lot more, but he was going to Nebraska and never announced them. Similar for Prochazka, he hasn't announced any offers since he committed, but I'd venture to guess he has received more.

Also like Steinkuhler and Jurgens. Both shut their recruiting down and didn't field many offers, in spite of their ability.

• Plus1 6

Put me in the excited to snag this kid camp.  As much as we make fun of Iowa they churn out O-Lineman and TEs like nobody's business.  If this kid was the top OL recruit for them a couple years ago and there isn't anything physically wrong with him, that's good enough for me.  He's essentially a lotto ticket.  Almost zero risk, huge upside.

• Plus1 2