Russian Intelligence offering bounties on American troops in Afghanistan

40 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I wonder how highly correlated the TV ratings of news channels is with their average viewer age. People in their 20s, 30s, and 40s are less likely to have access to Fox News or CNN because they're less likely to have cable, and they're more likely to not be Republican.

I.e. the ages that skew Republican are the ages that have cable. My mom watches hours of news every day (but luckily not Fox News). I haven't watched TV since Nebraska lost to Iowa in November.

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

I wonder how highly correlated the TV ratings of news channels is with their average viewer age. People in their 20s, 30s, and 40s are less likely to have access to Fox News or CNN because they're less likely to have cable. And Republicans skew older.

Cable doesn't equate access. I get all those channels, and I don't have cable...and I am in my 50s

4 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Cable doesn't equate access. I get all those channels, and I don't have cable...and I am in my 50s

I would venture to guess people who have cable are more likely to watch Fox News or CNN or MSNBC, even if you can watch those channels other ways. 

Just found this too. I didn't read the article but I'm guessing Netflix isn't considered "TV" but watching CNN online would be.

15224.jpeg

https://www.statista.com/chart/15224/daily-tv-consumption-by-us-adults/

• Plus1 1

16 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

We use Hulu Live to stream everything we used to get with cable, and more. Cutting cable was the best decision I have made in the last 3-4 years. Other than changing the letter behind my name at the polling place that is :)

They just jacked the price on Youtube TV up to $65/mo because it got the Viacom channels back.

I guess I'm in the rare 18-34 demo that probably watched more TV than that. But I watch next to zero cable news.

I think the danger with the 65+ demo is a lot of them are exclusively binging Fox News and it's rotting their brains.

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

They just jacked the price on Youtube TV up to $65/mo because it got the Viacom channels back.

I guess I'm in the rare 18-34 demo that probably watched more TV than that. But I watch next to zero cable news.

I think the danger with the 65+ demo is a lot of them are exclusively binging Fox News and it's rotting their brains.

I agree on the over 65 set, at least here in Central NE

2 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I agree on the over 65 set, at least here in Central NE

Yep. We just moved from Kearney to MI but I worked in some nursing homes in the area. Can't tell you how many old folks I would see in their chairs staring at Fox News all day long like zombies. Really quite sad when I think about it.

• Plus1 1