Russian Intelligence offering bounties on American troops in Afghanistan

23 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I wonder how highly correlated the TV ratings of news channels is with their average viewer age. People in their 20s, 30s, and 40s are less likely to have access to Fox News or CNN because they're less likely to have cable, and they're more likely to not be Republican.

I.e. the ages that skew Republican are the ages that have cable. My mom watches hours of news every day (but luckily not Fox News). I haven't watched TV since Nebraska lost to Iowa in November.

I used to have a job where I purchased ad space on cable TV back in 2015-17. The sales rep gave me a profile of all the stations that we could insert ads on (some of the more niche networks weren't options). They had the median age of the viewership at like 71 years old for Fox News. I don't think there was any other channel that had a median age that was even in the 60s, and most channels were in the 40s.

Fox News was in the exclusive top tier of 4-5 networks along with ESPN, and no other news channel was. The ratings were among the highest on cable but it's because the right wing of this country trusts literally no other TV network to report anything.

• Plus1 2