CB Lardarius Webb, Jr. [Jones Community College - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, Decked said:

Obviously they feel he is underrated. Or we aren’t too hot recruiting wise in the DB room. Or both. Not sure here but hey. Mike Hughes was an eye raiser for UCF too. 

Don't see the comp here.....Mike Hughes was darn near a 4star, with offers from UF and Auburn coming out of HS. Talent was never an issue for Hughes, he had to mature in other areas of his life. 

Just now, Warrior10 said:

Don't see the comp here.....Mike Hughes was darn near a 4star, with offers from UF and Auburn coming out of HS. Talent was never an issue for Hughes, he had to mature in other areas of his life. 

If I recall Hughes was unrated coming out of JUCO correct?

9 minutes ago, Decked said:

If I recall Hughes was unrated coming out of JUCO correct?

Not sure. JUCO recruiting is a weird game. At this point in Webb's career I just don't see the a Hughes comp, outside of them both being 5'10. 

None of this is a shot at you, i'm sure you know that though. Just my take. 

I trust Fisher's eye and you should too. Not sure what to make of this but we have a stacked room where this young man can develop and improve his game. 

It also is only July and he could get a ratings boost or have a monster senior year. His dad played in the NFL so he has been around the game for a long time. Maybe Fisher sees something many of us don't see that he likes. 

Recruiting rankings are going to miss many prospects this year and he could be one of them that they haven't evaluated correctly. More offers could be on the horizon for this young man and that could also bolster his rating. With no camps at all, he can't really show out so we have to just wait and see here. I trust Fisher and he is one of our best recruiters so I am not worried at all. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
58 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Not sure. JUCO recruiting is a weird game. At this point in Webb's career I just don't see the a Hughes comp, outside of them both being 5'10. 

None of this is a shot at you, i'm sure you know that though. Just my take. 

It’s all good dog. My only comparison was not skillset related. Rather, the no stars & sudden category. 

40 minutes ago, Decked said:

Btw rivals is reporting this is a Chin find & Fish sealing the deal. From Bama & made the move to Miss to be coached by his dad. Supposed schools were waiting for the in person evaluation before offering. 

Chins is very active/solid at recruiting, I've been pleasantly surprised (talking overall recruiting here).

• Mavric changed the title to CB Lardarius Webb, Jr. [Jones Community College - Signed LOI]
  • Mavric unpinned this topic