CB Lardarius Webb, Jr. [Jones Community College - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Welcome Lardarius!  

I think Fischer has an eye for talent and knows what he wants as others have stated.  It sounds like their is a prior relationship with family too which also is good.    He looks like a field corner to me.  Has good hips and good reaction.  Does a good job of knowing when to track/look for the ball.   Probably got some good tips from pop.   Kind of reminds me of Kareem Moss.  

We need DB's.  It's the position with the biggest needs from a numbers standpoint.    Of the 13 scholarship DB's currently on the roster three are seniors so we need 4-5 db's total to get around our optimal number of 15.    So with Lardius on board we need 3-4 more.   I am guessing we end up with 4 total for this class.    

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, Decked said:

Btw rivals is reporting this is a Chin find & Fish sealing the deal. From Bama & made the move to Miss to be coached by his dad. Supposed schools were waiting for the in person evaluation before offering. 

Not attacking you at all, please don't think that.  But how would they know those schools were just waiting to offer?

25 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Not attacking you at all, please don't think that.  But how would they know those schools were just waiting to offer?

I can see that being a common thing this cycle.  We have a big OL recruit down here that has several FCS schollies.  6 P5 programs have been in constant contact with him but would like to see him in person before offering.  

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Agreed.

Nebraska's recruiting is simply not good enough so far for the 2021 class. 

I wouldn't go that far, but Webb's commitment is a bit odd to me with how early it is in the cycle.

2 hours ago, flatwaterfan said:

Welcome Lardarius!  

I think Fischer has an eye for talent and knows what he wants as others have stated.  It sounds like their is a prior relationship with family too which also is good.    He looks like a field corner to me.  Has good hips and good reaction.  Does a good job of knowing when to track/look for the ball.   Probably got some good tips from pop.   Kind of reminds me of Kareem Moss.  

We need DB's.  It's the position with the biggest needs from a numbers standpoint.    Of the 13 scholarship DB's currently on the roster three are seniors so we need 4-5 db's total to get around our optimal number of 15.    So with Lardius on board we need 3-4 more.   I am guessing we end up with 4 total for this class.    

Dude looks smart and sudden on film. Playing for a small school and being a late bloomer probably relegated him to a guy that would have got attention during this upcoming camp circuit. If he has the same wheels as Kareem Moss then we got a real good one.

1 hour ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I'm just surprised by his size.  Seems like they have been recruiting the bigger bodied defensive backs.

Has above average length for his size. Long arms and plays bigger than what he is listed. Then you have guys like Jackson that is a legit 6'3" but played a lot smaller than he needed to and it cost him getting drafted.

2 hours ago, Ziebol said:

I wouldn't go that far, but Webb's commitment is a bit odd to me with how early it is in the cycle.

You may be right. At this point, Nebraska needs to land a few 4 star players in a row to catch Wisconsin. 

Frost has calculated that the team needs size and that he will have enough time to develop it. Hopefully he's right. 

2 hours ago, The_Fan_Man said:

Dude looks smart and sudden on film. Playing for a small school and being a late bloomer probably relegated him to a guy that would have got attention during this upcoming camp circuit. If he has the same wheels as Kareem Moss then we got a real good one.

Saw an article that said 4.57

Maybe a better comparison is to his Dad!   They are about the same size.  His Dad clocked faster but Jr has 3-4 years to improve his speed

24 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

How many times do the kids live up to the same level as their famous parents? I don’t think it’s that often 

Mannings

clay matthews

patrick mahomes

ken griffey

mccaffreys

here is a list of nfl football Players.  I would say it doesn’t always pan out, but it sure doesn’t hurt your chances.  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_second-generation_National_Football_League_players

• Plus1 2
  • Mavric changed the title to CB Lardarius Webb, Jr. [Jones Community College - Signed LOI]
  • Mavric unpinned this topic