CB Lardarius Webb, Jr. [Jones Community College - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

You may be right. At this point, Nebraska needs to land a few 4 star players in a row to catch Wisconsin. 

Frost has calculated that the team needs size and that he will have enough time to develop it. Hopefully he's right. 

Lack of visits and last two seasons results make for the class we have now. There are some good players, but we are not seeing the typical out of nowhere visits like we are used to and it is definitely hindering the potential of this class. Think with who we are targeting, we could have a top 22 class, but if visits get back going I think we will see a class like the last two years. Moral of the story is COVID sucks.

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

Lack of visits and last two seasons results make for the class we have now. There are some good players, but we are not seeing the typical out of nowhere visits like we are used to and it is definitely hindering the potential of this class. Think with who we are targeting, we could have a top 22 class, but if visits get back going I think we will see a class like the last two years. Moral of the story is COVID sucks.

Absolutely. Our biggest selling point goes against social distancing guidelines. When vists are allowed we'll be in a better spot.

Wisconsin, as I said before, is benefiting from the last 3 years on field, a strong instate pool and early identification. So theyve been able to fill their class early with prospects that happen to be 4 star caliber. We may not catch them this year but I really don't feel it will be the norm.

3 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

How many times do the kids live up to the same level as their famous parents? I don’t think it’s that often 

Famous parents, not that often. But that's just because there aren't many Barry Sanders, Jerry Rice, etc types. I think it's fairly often kids outperform their successful athlete parents, just not the in the argument for best of all time successful parents. There's no rule of thumb for athletes being better/worse than their parents, it's just almost impossible to top the great ones whether you're their kid or not.I guess to rephrase it, how often do great players have parents who were a bit worse than them? I'd say at least as often as the other way around. There are a few good examples related to the team - Frost was better than his dad, and I'd say Christian is well on his way to being better than Ed. No idea if Luke will follow that trend. 

I think bloodlines are fun and not a negative, but I doubt this has much to do with that - the coaches evaluate the talent, and decide based on that. Bloodlines can help with things like knowing the family and thus some of the kid's character, but beyond that I think we as fans care much more about it than coaches do.

2 minutes ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

His dad played in the NFL 8 years.  He can be worse than his dad and still have an awesome college career.

Often sons of great players, especially pros, learn so much from watching and being around the game, their knowledge is helpful.  Not always as some get pressure and or too much parental coaching too.   I am sure Frost wants legacy and heritage type athletes but he wont waste scholarships either.  He cant afford it right now certainly.   

On 7/8/2020 at 1:42 PM, Ziebol said:

You may very well be correct.

Last year, Nebraska got 9 four star players. Currently, Nebraska is sitting at 2 for 2021. Assuming a class size of 22 or 23, 7 of the final 10/11 players need to be consensus 4 star players. Possible, but we're falling dangerously behind pace. 

I agree that COVID hurt Nebraska more than other schools, as our national recruiting strategy does rely more heavily on official visits than other schools. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

You may very well be correct.

Last year, Nebraska got 9 four star players. Currently, Nebraska is sitting at 2 for 2021. Assuming a class size of 22 or 23, 7 of the final 10/11 players need to be consensus 4 star players. Possible, but we're falling dangerously behind pace. 

I agree that COVID hurt Nebraska more than other schools, as our national recruiting strategy does rely more heavily on official visits than other schools. 

One thing we could hope for is to have some current commits get bumps into 4 star status. They may very well be 4 star caliber but if a season isn’t played or they don’t attend camps we won’t know 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Mavric changed the title to CB Lardarius Webb, Jr. [Jones Community College - Signed LOI]
  • Mavric unpinned this topic