Swine Flu 2.0 - G4 EA H1N1

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

Imagine if the shoe was on the other foot, and Americans eating beef, pork, and poultry were causing pandemics. Would Americans stop eating meat?

Who’s saying they have to stop eating meat? Also...is it wrong to hold health officials in China to a higher standard with the bar being as low as it is in regards to food safety and the amount of diseases that come from China?

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Decked said:

China is a plague on humanity 

14 hours ago, Decked said:

I do not fault the average Chinese citizen just trying to live life. Certainly they need to change practices such as the wet market, food production practices, and human rights violations, etc (comes from above). however, if the rest of the world rounded up the Chinese government and dropped them into a volcano the world would be better off. Could have elaborated but lazy. 

Honestly, this is how a lot of xenophobia starts. You didn't actually intend to disparage an entire country or an entire class of people, but look at the words you used. The laziness you used to make this statement should not be taken lightly, comments like that can be hurtful. Painting with a broad brush like that leads to stereotypes, and if you were in a position of authority (or a parent), it can breed xenophobia and racism. 

I know this is just a message board, but we need to be careful with our words and our actions.

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Imagine if the shoe was on the other foot, and Americans eating beef, pork, and poultry were causing pandemics. Would Americans stop eating meat?

Some circles believe we're going to reckon with our carnivorous nature sooner or later to help quell climate change.

Boy it's going to be a lively debate when it comes time for America to have THAT debate.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I do find it interesting that a bunch of MAGA people I know (not here) are pissed off and demanding China government crack down on their food and health issues.

Meanwhile, they are pissed off because the US has so many regulations.

And...they don't see the irony of that.

Meanwhile the Chinese government is ACTUALLY cracking down on democracy in Hong Kong and rounding up religious minorities into work camps and STERILIZING them.

But I would venture to guess most Americans and ESPECIALLY the MAGA crowd don't care because... it doesn't affect us.

Rather sad reflection on what America values.

• Fire 3

10 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Ugggg, Vegans?  

Who talks more about how awesome what they do is...Vegans or Crossfitters?

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, Decked said:

Who’s saying they have to stop eating meat? Also...is it wrong to hold health officials in China to a higher standard with the bar being as low as it is in regards to food safety and the amount of diseases that come from China?

I was trying to point out that it's easy to criticize the way the Chinese are consuming meat (e.g. wet market), but that we'd have a similarly tough time making drastic changes.

24 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Some circles believe we're going to reckon with our carnivorous nature sooner or later to help quell climate change.

Boy it's going to be a lively debate when it comes time for America to have THAT debate.

I don't agree with those circles. It's the industrial agriculture methods that are the problem, not just meat consumption.