SIGNED - ILB Ernest Hausmann

HuskerBoard Predictor  

27 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Hausmann commit?

• Nebraska
    • Iowa
    • Kansas State

This poll is closed to new votes

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Twenty years ago it would have been inconceivable that a school like NDSU could have even a fraction of the sway that Nebraska has.  In 2021 and the national success the Bison have had I could see where a kid might be tempted to commit. 

I remember when they played in the same conference as South Dakota, SD St, UNO and Morningside College from Sioux City (now a dominant team in NAIA).

40 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

Twenty years ago it would have been inconceivable that a school like NDSU could have even a fraction of the sway that Nebraska has.  In 2021 and the national success the Bison have had I could see where a kid might be tempted to commit. 

I remember when they played in the same conference as South Dakota, SD St, UNO and Morningside College from Sioux City (now a dominant team in NAIA).

It’s still entirely rare (actually can’t think of a single example) where a kid offered in a timely fashion would choose NDSU over NU. Or any FCS/non-power five school. The only reason it happened last year is we offered too late while he was committed as a QB for months. And I’m not even 100% that was as an ATH or his preferred spot at QB. 

• Plus1 1

Just now, Husker in WI said:

Still, you've got a brand problem if the only things that makes it clear who you are is your logo thrown up in the corner and the hashtags the recruit uses.

I mean ... their logo is pretty prominent in the bottom middle of the graphic.  And you can see it below the collar of the jersey as well, it just doesn't show up as well on a small picture.

8 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I mean ... their logo is pretty prominent in the bottom middle of the graphic.  And you can see it below the collar of the jersey as well, it just doesn't show up as well on a small picture.

Yeah true, I hadn't scrolled down far enough to see the bottom logo. I just don't like those uniforms, from the front I think Miami as well. It's like when Iowa State started looking like USC, except Virginia is in the same conference as Miami so it's worse. It's not like they're identical, but glancing at it I see Miami. If you're going to make your uniforms similar to another school's, just make sure it's not one of the classic, easily recognizable ones.

• Mavric changed the title to SIGNED - ILB Ernest Hausmann
  • Mavric pinned this topic