Injury News

10 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Moderate deal, imo. 

I thought Nixon had a chance to give us some go. Newsome was going to provide solid depth as #3/#4 CB and ST.

Newsome a bigger blow on ST than CB as is. Need to get Nadab Joseph. 

Nixon another blow for in the WR room. Need to keep Wan’Dale at WR only/gadget plays in space out the backfield to lessen the beating on him. It’s hard to see us fielding a good WR core with the limited depth that we have. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
27 minutes ago, Decked said:

Newsome a bigger blow on ST than CB as is. Need to get Nadab Joseph. 

Nixon another blow for in the WR room. Need to keep Wan’Dale at WR only/gadget plays in space out the backfield to lessen the beating on him. It’s hard to see us fielding a good WR core with the limited depth that we have. 

Well Nixon getting hurt is only going to help keep Wan'Dale at WR. The need at RB was the reason he was running the ball last year. Depth is wonderful but if another 3 guys step up besides Robinson the WR room is in good shape. Manning, Betts, Brown, Fleming, Nance, Houston, and Hickman all have a wide open path to a boat load of snaps.  If Manning pans out as expected you need 2 more guys. I'm pretty confident Lubick can get decent production from 2 of those last 6.  Betts, Brown and Fleming would be my bet, with Hickman right there also.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Big deals or not really?  Were these guys expected to play a lot?

Both probably would have played this fall.  Newsome more on ST but had been catching the coaches eyes.  I think Nixon would have contributed a good amount.  His versatility would’ve put him ahead of Fleming and Brown easily and honestly believe he’d be the biggest new WR contributor not named Manning

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I figured we were solid with the 6 db's.    Williams,Dismuke,Cam Taylor-Britt,Bootle,Clark & Newsome  that gave us starters plus Nickel & Dime.  Now that 6th guy is kind of a puzzle.    

I kind of like Sullivan as a depth guy and want to see a speedier guy out there so I suppose Farmer is the odds on favorite?  Not sure Farmer is faster than Sullivan though so have no clue. 

Sad to see the injury to Nixon too.   Hope Nixon and Newsome recover soon.  

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, runningblind said:

Well Nixon getting hurt is only going to help keep Wan'Dale at WR. The need at RB was the reason he was running the ball last year. Depth is wonderful but if another 3 guys step up besides Robinson the WR room is in good shape. Manning, Betts, Brown, Fleming, Nance, Houston, and Hickman all have a wide open path to a boat load of snaps.  If Manning pans out as expected you need 2 more guys. I'm pretty confident Lubick can get decent production from 2 of those last 6.  Betts, Brown and Fleming would be my bet, with Hickman right there also.

No love for Kade Warner I see! 

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

I hope KW sees 75% snaps, he’s a good player and productive when he’s healthy. He’s also a hard worker and leadership will spill over to the younger guys. 

I get the sentiment and I love when walkons contribute also, but without significant production from all of these more talented kids that have been signed, this ship continues to sink. Do you enjoy missing bowls?  You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Fun fact, Nebraska has only made one bowl, that was backed into with a losing record, since Bo left in 2014. 2014! It's long past time for some 4 star recruits to actually play like it in Lincoln so we aren't having this conversation anymore.