Injury News

In regards to the WR depth discussion as impacted by Nixon's injury...I kind of think Nixon would of been a 4 game RS guy.  More of a depth guy for his first year.    I like his highlights.  He reminds me of Shane Swanson who was a good player.    I think it's the way he runs& his build?    Good all-around player and tough for his size.    I think his impact would be in the slot or z spots which is in pretty good shape.   So I think our WR group will be fine.  In addition to those named earlier I think Falck could help out in a simliar role as Warner and he has experience. 

I like Brown as a playmaker to go along with Robinson.   I am also curious to see what Nance can do as a play maker as I think he is very sudden. 

Will also be interesting to see how the addition of X spot guys like Manning&Betts helps this group. It's what was missing last year. 

• Plus1 2

14 hours ago, Decked said:

Newsome a bigger blow on ST than CB as is. Need to get Nadab Joseph. 

Nixon another blow for in the WR room. Need to keep Wan’Dale at WR only/gadget plays in space out the backfield to lessen the beating on him. It’s hard to see us fielding a good WR core with the limited depth that we have. 

I wonder if we will see a situation where a school will cancel the football season, those players will be given a free transfer option and we might be able to fix the WR position if something goofy like that were to happen.

5 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I wonder if we will see a situation where a school will cancel the football season, those players will be given a free transfer option and we might be able to fix the WR position if something goofy like that were to happen.

I don't think that would benefit us.

Just now, Ziebol said:

I don't think that would benefit us.

It would potentially benefit a lot of teams if players who are on a team that has cancelled their season are allowed to transfer without sitting out.

Not sure how this would hurt us if it was only allowing kids to transfer(without sitting out a year) who had their season cancelled?

9 hours ago, runningblind said:

I get the sentiment and I love when walkons contribute also, but without significant production from all of these more talented kids that have been signed, this ship continues to sink. Do you enjoy missing bowls?  You can't have your cake and eat it too.

In my opinion, I don’t even consider it just a walk-on factor, I think he’s a solid college WR. He’s smart and has high football IQ, which makes up for the guys with more athletic talent. 

I don’t get the correlation to missing bowl games by mentioning an individual player and their contribution to the team. Overall, the entire team needs to improve. So yeah, I agree with you there, but I stand by my opinion that if Kade Warner is on the field 75% of the snaps then we’re better off. 

6 hours ago, Landlord said:

M0deYYv.png

6 hours ago, Toe said:

^ Yeah, I've tried to blot out most of that era from my memory, but I'm pretty sure we didn't back into a bowl game that year.

I completely forgot 2016 existed!  I need to put the phone down when the tequila comes out eh?

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

In my opinion, I don’t even consider it just a walk-on factor, I think he’s a solid college WR. He’s smart and has high football IQ, which makes up for the guys with more athletic talent. 

I don’t get the correlation to missing bowl games by mentioning an individual player and their contribution to the team. Overall, the entire team needs to improve. So yeah, I agree with you there, but I stand by my opinion that if Kade Warner is on the field 75% of the snaps then we’re better off. 

Fair enough. My point was more about the other guys than Kade. If we had the higher ranked kids play smart, with leadership,  Kade wouldn't see 75% of snaps but we don't.  My issue is more with the overall quality of the team, I just didn't phrase it well. Getting tired of the offseason but I'm afraid it is going to continue all the way into 2021.

• Plus1 1
58 minutes ago, flatwaterfan said:

Will also be interesting to see how the addition of X spot guys like Manning&Betts helps this group. It's what was missing last year.

Dear lord yes. Some people act like the whole WR group was crap, but Spielman and Robinson were great. It going from Stanley Morgan to Kanawai Noa that really killed us. I don't know whether Manning or Betts will be the man, but I sure hope one of them steps up big for us.

• Plus1 2
18 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Fair enough. My point was more about the other guys than Kade. If we had the higher ranked kids play smart, with leadership,  Kade wouldn't see 75% of snaps but we don't.  My issue is more with the overall quality of the team, I just didn't phrase it well. Getting tired of the offseason but I'm afraid it is going to continue all the way into 2021.

I see what you’re saying too, I was pulling the exception, and you’re right about needing recruited talent to start paying dividends. Wonder if coaches have a calculation of time spent recruiting a player compared to on-field production. 

• Plus1 1