Injury News

13 hours ago, flatwaterfan said:

I figured we were solid with the 6 db's.    Williams,Dismuke,Cam Taylor-Britt,Bootle,Clark & Newsome  that gave us starters plus Nickel & Dime.  Now that 6th guy is kind of a puzzle.    

I kind of like Sullivan as a depth guy and want to see a speedier guy out there so I suppose Farmer is the odds on favorite?  Not sure Farmer is faster than Sullivan though so have no clue. 

Sad to see the injury to Nixon too.   Hope Nixon and Newsome recover soon.  

Farmer is far ahead of Sullivan. Both are pure safeties though, so not much connection to Newsome. 

16 hours ago, runningblind said:

Well Nixon getting hurt is only going to help keep Wan'Dale at WR. The need at RB was the reason he was running the ball last year. Depth is wonderful but if another 3 guys step up besides Robinson the WR room is in good shape. Manning, Betts, Brown, Fleming, Nance, Houston, and Hickman all have a wide open path to a boat load of snaps.  If Manning pans out as expected you need 2 more guys. I'm pretty confident Lubick can get decent production from 2 of those last 6.  Betts, Brown and Fleming would be my bet, with Hickman right there also.

You never want to see a guy get hurt but ^ this 1000 times over is why things will be ok with a situation like Nixon- just get well and be ready to go by 2022

40 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

We're 8 weeks out from the season, so couldn't Newsome possibly still play? Not sure how bad the break is, but it seems like that's usually a 6-8 week recovery and then a few weeks to get in shape and up to speed and he's ready for B1G play.

I don’t see any need to rush a guy back who is the 3/4 corner but a special teams starter. Would like to see a conservative approach and give the kid a redshirt - and possibly contribute in the last 4 games to preserve the rs. 

33 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

You never want to see a guy get hurt but ^ this 1000 times over is why things will be ok with a situation like Nixon- just get well and be ready to go by 2022

You mean 2021?    No need to take 2 seasons off surely.   Med redshirt this year (or nothing if no season happens probably).  

Sad deal to blow a knee before practice even starts.  

Lose 2 guys already - not a good sign but ?

33 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

I don’t see any need to rush a guy back who is the 3/4 corner but a special teams starter. Would like to see a conservative approach and give the kid a redshirt - and possibly contribute in the last 4 games to preserve the rs. 

Makes good sense!

3 hours ago, Joesakic19 said:

What I would really like is for the other 4 star receivers to play above their expectations for once. Seems like every wr has performed well below their star ranks.

I'd just like to see them stick around. Most of them (especially Riley's guys) bolted after a year or so. Which has a lot to do with what we saw last year.

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

You mean 2021?    No need to take 2 seasons off surely.   Med redshirt this year (or nothing if no season happens probably).  

Sad deal to blow a knee before practice even starts.  

Lose 2 guys already - not a good sign but ?

He didn't redshirt last year so he still has his normal redshirt available to use.

Edit: Sorry I thought you were talking about Newsome. If you were talking about Nixon, then he would just redshirt. You can't apply for a medical redshirt until the end of your career.

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, Minnesota_husker said:

It would potentially benefit a lot of teams if players who are on a team that has cancelled their season are allowed to transfer without sitting out.

Not sure how this would hurt us if it was only allowing kids to transfer(without sitting out a year) who had their season cancelled?

Because if teams begin to cancel their seasons, it will be a trickle effect and there will not be any season.

• Haha 1