Injury News

On 7/6/2020 at 9:52 AM, Savage Husker said:

I see what you’re saying too, I was pulling the exception, and you’re right about needing recruited talent to start paying dividends. Wonder if coaches have a calculation of time spent recruiting a player compared to on-field production. 

I doubt it, or our coaches would be on suicide watch!

44 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

Hate to say it but I think the weight training is a big reason for the ACL issues. 

I’d like to see where it at least comes from first. I’m not sure how often they do the super heavy low bar half squats but good lord my knees hurt just watching that. 

32 minutes ago, Decked said:

I’d like to see where it at least comes from first. I’m not sure how often they do the super heavy low bar half squats but good lord my knees hurt just watching that. 

We do heavy circuit training with minimal rest.  I don't like it because it doesn't allow the incoming freshman to adapt to the required lifting we are asking.  A lot of these kids coming in are not used to the rigors of this kind of training and are not strong enough to be doing heavy circuit sets or even circuit sets at all.  They need to have a different training program for the incoming kids and let them get stronger and allow them to work on any weak points or unbalances they may have.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 2
12 hours ago, Stumpy1 said:

We do heavy circuit training with minimal rest.  I don't like it because it doesn't allow the incoming freshman to adapt to the required lifting we are asking.  A lot of these kids coming in are not used to the rigors of this kind of training and are not strong enough to be doing heavy circuit sets or even circuit sets at all.  They need to have a different training program for the incoming kids and let them get stronger and allow them to work on any weak points or unbalances they may have.  

To add, muscle develops faster than tendon/ligament "strength".  It is possible to get physically stronger faster than your tendons and ligaments can support.  Muscles adapt faster to increase workload than tendons/ligaments. They  also do not have a great blood supply and are slower and harder to heal than muscular injuries.

5 minutes ago, lo country said:

To add, muscle develops faster than tendon/ligament "strength".  It is possible to get physically stronger faster than your tendons and ligaments can support.  Muscles adapt faster to increase workload than tendons/ligaments. They  also do not have a great blood supply and are slower and harder to heal than muscular injuries.

It’s Deca that’s good for the joints right? Need to get on that s#!t. 

need to get back to the old Husker power where you get a protein shake before you leave, a shot of test, and your winstrol! 

• Plus1 1