Injury News

56 minutes ago, Decked said:

It’s Deca that’s good for the joints right? Need to get on that s#!t. 

need to get back to the old Husker power where you get a protein shake before you leave, a shot of test, and your winstrol! 

Haha.  The playing field was "level" then.  Every school was doing it!

7 hours ago, Mavric said:

That seems like a lot of speculation and over-reaction to a couple (possible) events we don't know much about.

I have friends in the S&C field that seem to share the same speculation.  

It could be coincidence but it seems like an awful lot of our freshmen coming in seem to have knee and shoulder problems after being here for a couple months.  

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

It could be coincidence but it seems like an awful lot of our freshmen coming in seem to have knee and shoulder problems after being here for a couple months.  

Who all would be on that list?

1 hour ago, Stumpy1 said:

Probably a combo of high volume/intensity/athletes not being in the system and coming from horrid lifting programs to advanced programming too quickly. Muscles even with drugs recover faster than joints/tendons. 

Easing them into it like you said would be best. It’s hard for anyone to handle a s#!t ton of volume and that much intensity (including elite level lifters on drugs) Westside barbell where the strongest (equipped) powerlifters train It’s dynamic then max effort days with stuff in between. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Was there any confirmation about Alante Brown? I was thinking he could come in and contribute year one if any games are played. 

Well the reason we parted ways with JD Spielman was due to the fact Brown was just better than him.

Now that you read my sarcasm, I agree completely with you and I know nothing of an injury. I sure as heck hope there isn't one. 

Honestly, Alante would get somewhere between 600-800 total yards this year with JD leaving in my view. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
22 hours ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Was there any confirmation about Alante Brown? I was thinking he could come in and contribute year one if any games are played. 

He posted a video of him walking a dog 23 hrs ago on Instagram stories (disappear after 24 hrs) so I doubt it. Either that or it was minor if anything at all.

• Plus1 1
  • 1 month later...

• 1 month later...