Injury News

I get the 6th year stuff but he will be looking at being 24-25 years old and probably very marginal nfl talent at best before coming off of major injury. He would have to really love the game or be extremely intrinsically motivated to want to take on those challenges rather than moving on with his life. With that said, I feel horrible for him and as a fan, would love to see him back for a 6th season. Not sure I see it happening though

11 hours ago, HANC said:

I get the 6th year stuff but he will be looking at being 24-25 years old and probably very marginal nfl talent at best before coming off of major injury. He would have to really love the game or be extremely intrinsically motivated to want to take on those challenges rather than moving on with his life. With that said, I feel horrible for him and as a fan, would love to see him back for a 6th season. Not sure I see it happening though

Eh a free masters degree is a good reason in my book. 

• Plus1 4

Is he after his master’s ? If so, go get it for free. He just passed the torch of walking with a wheelchair participant during the Team Jack event to Nick Heinrich. They both walked walked this year but interview sounds like Nick will be the participant’s walking partner for upcoming years. Kind of hints that Honas will not be a husker  next June.

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, HANC said:

Is he after his master’s ? If so, go get it for free. He just passed the torch of walking with a wheelchair participant during the Team Jack event to Nick Heinrich. They both walked walked this year but interview sounds like Nick will be the participant’s walking partner for upcoming years. Kind of hints that Honas will not be a husker  next June.

A masters is the new bachelors so why not set yourself up with a graduate degree for free. I am guessing you are right and he wont be back simply because he has already dealt with so many injuries from his time here. He would probably rather avoid the chance of another injury taking place when he can walk away both figuratively and literally at this point. 

47 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

A masters is the new bachelors so why not set yourself up with a graduate degree for free. I am guessing you are right and he wont be back simply because he has already dealt with so many injuries from his time here. He would probably rather avoid the chance of another injury taking place when he can walk away both figuratively and literally at this point. 

I wasn’t disagreeing with you. Absolutely agree on the masters degree. I regret not staying and getting mine. If you can get it free then take advantage of it. Just thinking that at his age, injuries, marginal nfl talent that he is probably done but your point is 100% spot on

2 minutes ago, HANC said:

I wasn’t disagreeing with you. Absolutely agree on the masters degree. I regret not staying and getting mine. If you can get it free then take advantage of it. Just thinking that at his age, injuries, marginal nfl talent that he is probably done but your point is 100% spot on

Oh I know you weren't. I was simply saying I thought you were most likely right regarding him not coming back. It is one of those interesting situations where in order to best set himself up for after football he could get a second free degree if he comes back for a 6th year setting him up for even more not football success. However the injuries pile up and at some point it isnt worth it for your health for some. He is probably dealing with the thoughts of what if I get injured again if I come back etc. I would imagine at one point you just say ok this isnt going to go well if I keep running on the field with surgically repaired knees. 

• 1 month later...