Injury News

I've heard so many different things with Manning, I don't know what to think. The last purported insider report I heard was "Don't count him out just yet, he could still see some action before the season is done." Official word from Frost is that there's some sort of nagging injury, but he might just be covering for Manning. I tend to believe that it may have been a combination of injury and personal issues that led to him falling behind, and he's slowly been trying to catch up on learning the offense & playbook.

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, Toe said:

I've heard so many different things with Manning, I don't know what to think. The last purported insider report I heard was "Don't count him out just yet, he could still see some action before the season is done." Official word from Frost is that there's some sort of nagging injury, but he might just be covering for Manning. I tend to believe that it may have been a combination of injury and personal issues that led to him falling behind, and he's slowly been trying to catch up on learning the offense & playbook.

He was on the side line the last home game.  If he's just behind mentally you still dress him just in case.  It could be a hammy or a groin issue.  Those can linger for a while and depending what type of person he is they can be more of a problem.

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

He was on the side line the last home game.  If he's just behind mentally you still dress him just in case.  It could be a hammy or a groin issue.  Those can linger for a while and depending what type of person he is they can be more of a problem.

High ankle sprains are notorious for lingering too. Lots of seemingly mild stuff that can keep players out especially if he doesn't know the playbook great yet. Betts doesn't know the playbook well, but he's obviously explosive so you get him out there. If Manning is slowed by an injury and playbook issues no reason to dress him.

• Plus1 1