Injury News

47 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Honas possibly out with ACL injury as well...

Been that way for a lot of spring from what I’ve seen. Hopefully he’ll be ready before fall camp. Frost didn’t mention him today though. Domann limited & Stille out for fall camp. 

sounds like Honas is awaiting an MRI

We can take the depth hit at ILB if it is an ACL, but I feel terrible for the guy. He was just getting back on track and playing well, that would pretty much destroy any shot of working into the NFL. 

2 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

plus wasn't there a freshman in there that was doing pretty well?

If you're talking true freshmen I think Kpai and Malcom are on campus but haven't heard much about them. Probably need some time to get bigger. Ho'ohuli isn't on campus yet but is probably the biggest non-Fidone recruit we signed, wouldn't shock me to see him work his way into a rotation. And I actually liked what we saw from Snodgrass in limited time last year, plus hoping the learning year was good for Mauga-Clements. We have dudes there, it just really, really sucks for Honas. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Husker in WI said:

We can take the depth hit at ILB if it is an ACL, but I feel terrible for the guy. He was just getting back on track and playing well, that would pretty much destroy any shot of working into the NFL. 

If you're talking true freshmen I think Kpai and Malcom are on campus but haven't heard much about them. Probably need some time to get bigger. Ho'ohuli isn't on campus yet but is probably the biggest non-Fidone recruit we signed, wouldn't shock me to see him work his way into a rotation. And I actually liked what we saw from Snodgrass in limited time last year, plus hoping the learning year was good for Mauga-Clements. We have dudes there, it just really, really sucks for Honas. 

Kpai was the one I was thinking of.  Thought I heard his name as someone who has shown some flashes.  They still have 3 guys who have played the position in games so I'm not too worried

1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

I feel like there needs to be a differentiation between "depth" and "bodies". Just because there are people there to play the position doesn't mean that they can play it at a high enough of a level to offset an injury. 

For sure. The real depth took a hit, but we'll still have 2 guys with starting experience in the Big Ten and another with FCS starting experience. Having the next 2 be a third-year guy with some playing experience and a second year juco also make me feel better - but we're definitely close to the point where depth would be a concern. We finally have bodies just about everywhere, depth is pretty much just on defense though.

• Fire 1