The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

1) It's likely and probably prudent, but the risks Will talks about are valid and if Joe falls off a bike again in the next two years, all bets are off.

2) Of course anything might or might not happen, but would love your theories on why Trump won't and Ron might not. All the bells and whistles suggest the opposite. 

3) 2020 should have been two new younger people, but the fact is some of our younger candidates are also morons. 

In 2020, Donald Trump got more votes than any Republican in history, and 10 million more votes than he did in 2016.

The danger for Dems isn't Democrats not voting for Biden, it's losing the enthusiasm gap and not turning out the vote in the raw numbers needed. And you know what discourages folks? In the last two years Republicans have not only refused to repudiate Trump, they've used him as a template.  On a state, local, and national level they've been hammering out the ways and means to invalidate any election that doesn't go their way. 

Trump lost last time...he won't try again with the threat of losing again.  Losing is a bigger deal than winning.  

For Ron, it is just a hunch, with No Trump there really is no Ron.

And all the bells and whistles pointed to a red wave last night...that did not happen either.  

The bolded part, like most of us did, we fell for it.  We fell for a few super loud, super vocal dongs and we thought that "all of them" were like that.  But it is not the case and likely not even close.

I do believe this chapter is all but written and the book is closed.  

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

An Orange Man Bad v Desantis primary will be bloody. It's exactly what this country doesn't need in the political arena. 

Don't the Republicans have anyone better to run than MAGA and MAGA jr.?

I can only think of Hogan as a possibility and possibly Liz.  She says she will do whatever it takes to stop the Orange Man.  I just hope the 'better options' don't split the vote and we end up wt MAGA or MAGA Jr as you note. 

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Trump lost last time...he won't try again with the threat of losing again.  Losing is a bigger deal than winning.  

For Ron, it is just a hunch, with No Trump there really is no Ron.

And all the bells and whistles pointed to a red wave last night...that did not happen either.  

The bolded part, like most of us did, we fell for it.  We fell for a few super loud, super vocal dongs and we thought that "all of them" were like that.  But it is not the case and likely not even close.

I do believe this chapter is all but written and the book is closed.  

Trump has no risk of losing because he's proven he can declare anything a win and then continue to fundraise for his personal use. 

If Trump does bail, there's almost no chance Desantis doesn't run. Finding a GOP candidate who didn't overtly or tacitly endorse election fraud will be tough. 

Maybe the shine is off Donald Trump, but I remember laughing at the guy in 2015 because I thought America would never lean that ugly and stupid.  

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Trump has no risk of losing because he's proven he can declare anything a win and then continue to fundraise for his personal use. 

If Trump does bail, there's almost no chance Desantis doesn't run. Finding a GOP candidate who didn't overtly or tacitly endorse election fraud will be tough. 

Maybe the shine is off Donald Trump, but I remember laughing at the guy in 2015 because I thought America would never lean that ugly and stupid.  

I get it but you were way off on the midterms (as was I) so, I will go with what my gut tells me.

22 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I get it but you were way off on the midterms (as was I) so, I will go with what my gut tells me.

I did not watch the results last night and waited for someone to give me the executive summary this morning after posting. 

I mean, my opinion hasn't changed that much. Congress still hangs in the balance and two years is a long time. 

Still not seeing the return of sane Republicans, just a few Trump endorsees who didn't pull it out. Still waiting for Republicans to openly repudiate The Big Lie and Trump's influence without suffering consequences, 

• Plus1 1

The Republicans had better hope Trump dies of a massive overdose of "hamberders" or is rotting away in prison by 2024.  There is no way he'll allow Desantis to take over the mantle of leader of the GOP without taking the party down with him.  Malignant narcissists just don't go quietly into the night.  If Desantis somehow wins the nomination, Trump will form a third party and peel off enough of the crazies that it'll be difficult for the GOP to overcome.  

Case in point:

FhJn3FaVsAA_S1y.jpeg

5 hours ago, Scarlet said:

The Republicans had better hope Trump dies of a massive overdose of "hamberders" or is rotting away in prison by 2024.  There is no way he'll allow Desantis to take over the mantle of leader of the GOP without taking the party down with him.  Malignant narcissists just don't go quietly into the night.  If Desantis somehow wins the nomination, Trump will form a third party and peel off enough of the crazies that it'll be difficult for the GOP to overcome.  

Case in point:

FhJn3FaVsAA_S1y.jpeg

Had a guy who used to be a huge supporter of Trump tell me the same thing today.  Trump has screwed the Repub's for the near future.  

14 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

@Guy Chamberlin and @teachercd.  I have a little different take.

In 2020, The Democrats needed to run someone who would beat Trump.  That was the most important thing that year.  And.....everything Trump has done since has proven how important it was to get him out of the White House.  Mission accomplished.  Yes, they wanted everyone to rally around Kamala but, that doesn't seem to be the answer.  

Now, it's time to move on from Joe.  Someone will step up to run against DeSantis.  If Trump doesn't run or DeSantis beats him in the primaries, the Dems need to move on from Trump and NOT be like the Republicans and cling to Hillary.  That is.....unless Trump doesn't go away and he still has major power in the party holding rallies and campaigning constantly.  If he is still a power in the party, the Dems will have to address it appropriately in campaigns.  But, now the competition is DeSantis.  I think there is plenty there to attack and educate voters on.  DeSantis has wanted to be like Trump for years.  If Dems want to win, they have to come up with a candidate that appeals to more than the extreme of the party.  Desantis will be very polarizing just like Trump has been.  So, appeal to the masses and understand that there will always be that 30-40% that will be DeSantis no matter what.

The Democrats need another miracle candidate like Obama

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I did not watch the results last night and waited for someone to give me the executive summary this morning after posting. 

I mean, my opinion hasn't changed that much. Congress still hangs in the balance and two years is a long time. 

Still not seeing the return of sane Republicans, just a few Trump endorsees who didn't pull it out. Still waiting for Republicans to openly repudiate The Big Lie and Trump's influence without suffering consequences, 

This is my feeling. I don't want the Democrats to barely be beating bats#!t crazy a$$h@!es. But since people seem totally willing to vote for them, that seems to be what they/we are stuck with. My wish is that the Republicans will go back to being the party of bad policies instead of trying to subvert democracy.

Trump seems to be fixated on DeSantis. He knows DeSantis is rising and is a real threat. Trump can try and attack DeSantis, and DeSantis will just ignore him. DeSantis has Trumps policies without the crazy. I think he is sitting pretty. If there was a red wave anywhere, it was Florida.

• TBH 1
7 minutes ago, nic said:

Trump seems to be fixated on DeSantis. He knows DeSantis is rising and is a real threat. Trump can try and attack DeSantis, and DeSantis will just ignore him. DeSantis has Trumps policies without the crazy. I think he is sitting pretty. If there was a red wave anywhere, it was Florida.

DeSantis would be much worse than Trump.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election